Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby TheDon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:49 pm

I've seen more FS1 promos and ads recently. I think they might actually have a chance to succeed.
TheDon

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby marquette » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:18 pm

TheDon wrote:I've seen more FS1 promos and ads recently. I think they might actually have a chance to succeed.

They are advertising across all of their on-air properties, as far as I can tell. That's pretty substantial. I have high hopes that there will be decent awareness once the channel actually launches. I'm also hoping that the placement in the lineup is pretty close to current sports channels (I know here in Milwaukee Fox Sports WI is only 2 channels away from ESPN on Time Warner. That would be an easy swap and people looking for Brewers or Bucks games will probably be willing to look for the other channel.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Jet915 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:36 pm

marquette wrote:
TheDon wrote:I've seen more FS1 promos and ads recently. I think they might actually have a chance to succeed.

They are advertising across all of their on-air properties, as far as I can tell. That's pretty substantial. I have high hopes that there will be decent awareness once the channel actually launches. I'm also hoping that the placement in the lineup is pretty close to current sports channels (I know here in Milwaukee Fox Sports WI is only 2 channels away from ESPN on Time Warner. That would be an easy swap and people looking for Brewers or Bucks games will probably be willing to look for the other channel.

Verizon FiOS where I am at has already made the switch a few months ago, Speed Channel is right under ESPN now...
Jet915

Postby bmorex » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:11 pm

Jet915 wrote:
marquette wrote:

Verizon FiOS where I am at has already made the switch a few months ago, Speed Channel is right under ESPN now...

I have Comcast (Baltimore) and right now Speed is in the 50's or something like that, whereas ESPN and its channels are 5/6. I'm hoping they put FS1 closer to those.
bmorex

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:10 am

New Fox Sports 1 commercial with a couple of Big East clips..........someone mentioned that they can't show clips of current players (like Doug McDermott) unless it's for a specific game. BTW, the 90 second commercial will air sometime tomorrow during the MLB all-star game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsports1
Jet915

Postby Choox » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:25 am

Fox's web site looks like something from US magazine. Garbage stories on the main page usually referring to sex, bikinis, etc. It would be nice if they took sports a bit more seriously and looked a little more like ESPN.
Choox

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 am

Nevermind, looks like they just released the commercial....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q9aUGrlgzU0
Jet915

Postby GreatDaneAttorney » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:40 pm

FS1 charging $0.80/month per subscriber at launch, rising to $1.50/month/sub over the life of carriage contracts, per a report from Sports Business Daily.

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/report ... e=internal

At 90m subscribers, that's $72m/month, and $864m annually in subscriber fees. It's easy to see where the Big East got their TV money when looking at this way, and also makes you wonder if the AAC and MWC didn't get hosed.
GreatDaneAttorney

Postby ArmyVet » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Several notes in this article
1- "Fox Soccer Daily" debuts on Fox Sports 1 on Aug. 19 at 4:00 p.m. ET. The live half-hour show -- originating from Los Angeles weekdays -- will feature soccer news, highlights and analysis.

2 - Fox Sports 1 announced the staffing last week for the new Regis Philbin daily sports discussion show -- the exclamation point-happy Crowd Goes W!ld -- and host Philbin will be joined by comedian Michael Kosta, Wall Street Journal sports columnist Jason Gay, former NFL defensive end Trevor Pryce, and the former Sky Sports host and news anchor Georgie Thompson

3- Fox Sports said Bardia Shah-Rais will oversee its studio production for Fox College Thursday and Fox College Saturday as well as well as FS1's Big East basketball studio production and select MLB studio coverage. Shah-Rais spent the last eight seasons at NFL Network where he oversaw production of "Thursday Night Football" and "NFL Total Access." NFL Network officials were furious when Shah-Rais was raided by Murdoch Land. As one NFL Network exec told me last May: "He's phenomenal, and that's an understatement. It's a huge loss for us." But Shah-Rais has heavy lifting ahead of him. Fox's college football coverage has been lightweight editorially compared to ESPN, and some talent moves made this summer have been head-scratching if national credibility remains a long-term goal.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/n ... z2ZtYZSecW
ArmyVet

Postby JohnT » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:06 am

I wish Fox had some college writers putting out tweets and stories heading into the basketballs season. ESPN has Katz and all these guys producing good content that they clearly control the topics discussed nationally. Fox needs to get in on the act.
JohnT

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board