Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Fox Sports 1 Update

Postby ArmyVet » Mon May 06, 2013 8:45 am

I don't know who this lady is, but Fox sure isn't afraid to spend money to give a good product.

One key production signing by Fox Sports 1 -- and this transaction has caused a little bad blood between Fox Sports and the NFL Network -- is Fox's hiring of former NFL Network producer Bardia Shah-Rais. One ESPN-er who worked with Shah-Rais called him "the best hire Fox Sports 1 has made so far." Shah-Rais is expected to play a major role in the production Fox Sports 1's Big East package. "He's phenomenal, and that's an understatement," said one NFL Network staffer. "It's a huge loss for us."

Shah-Rais isn't the only behind-the-scenes NFL Network staffer now at Fox Sports 1. Earlier this year, Fox hired Kent Camera, a coordinating producer for NFL Network, for an executive role in production. It's important to note both Camera and Shah-Rais previously worked at Fox Sports, so this is somewhat of a homecoming for each.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/n ... z2SWIQ9YR6
ArmyVet

Fox Sports 1 Update

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby Dew » Mon May 06, 2013 12:51 pm

I'd like to see them start promoting FS1 soon. I'm going to try and make a concerted effort to watch the station and use their website instead of ESPN this fall.
Dew

Postby JohnT » Tue May 07, 2013 8:50 am

Dew wrote:I'd like to see them start promoting FS1 soon. I'm going to try and make a concerted effort to watch the station and use their website instead of ESPN this fall.

I think it's going to be hard to draw viewers away for SportsCenter. I'm accustomed to punching in their channel any time I want scores so breaking the habit is going to take time.
JohnT

Postby marquette » Tue May 07, 2013 2:47 pm

Dew wrote:I'd like to see them start promoting FS1 soon. I'm going to try and make a concerted effort to watch the station and use their website instead of ESPN this fall.

Same on the station, but I stumbled onto their website 5 years ago and have been using it ever since. In my opinion it is a little easier to navigate than ESPN, and provides basically the same features.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby marq » Thu May 09, 2013 4:55 pm

FS1 released their lineup for theie first day on the air which is August 17. Lots of NASCAR and UFC. I was wondering if the Big East retains any of the games played in years gone by or do those belong to ESPN? I'd love to see some of the classics again if FS1 could show them.
marq

Postby marquette » Thu May 09, 2013 5:15 pm

marq wrote:FS1 released their lineup for theie first day on the air which is August 17. Lots of NASCAR and UFC. I was wondering if the Big East retains any of the games played in years gone by or do those belong to ESPN? I'd love to see some of the classics again if FS1 could show them.

I couldn't tell you for sure, but judging by the number of old games they have on ESPN Classic I'd guess that they own the old games. Seems especially likely since ESPN has been broadcasting Big East games since the beginning of the channel.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Dew » Thu May 09, 2013 5:50 pm

Big Ten network shows lots of games originally broadcast on other channels. I wonder how they can do that?
Dew

Postby BillEsq » Thu May 09, 2013 8:33 pm

Dew wrote:Big Ten network shows lots of games originally broadcast on other channels. I wonder how they can do that?

Big Ten could own rights... plus the fact that they could just buy them. per showing...
BillEsq

Postby Barley » Fri May 10, 2013 7:36 am

How cool would it be if they could do that for the Big East leading up to our debut? I'd love to see it.
Barley

Postby QueRico » Fri May 10, 2013 9:32 am

ArmyVet wrote:
One key production signing by Fox Sports 1 -- and this transaction has caused a little bad blood between Fox Sports and the NFL Network -- is Fox's hiring of former NFL Network producer Bardia Shah-Rais. One ESPN-er who worked with Shah-Rais called him "the best hire Fox Sports 1 has made so far." Shah-Rais is expected to play a major role in the production Fox Sports 1's Big East package. "He's phenomenal, and that's an understatement," said one NFL Network staffer. "It's a huge loss for us."

FWIW, Bardia Shah-Rais is a proud Seton Hall alumn - he even touts his Intramural Hoops Championship.
QueRico

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board