Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 Update

Postby MUPanther » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:22 am

Ohio State's come-from-behind win over Penn State drew FOX's best regular-season college football metered market rating EVER.

6.4 rating. Peak at 9.0
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby adoraz » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:02 pm

stever20 wrote:
adoraz wrote:This year was better than last year no doubt in terms of exposure. More unique viewers. The most important thing (for us, not in terms of $$$) is that this year had the most watched telecast in FS1 history. FS1 is being kept fresh in viewers' minds just in time for the Big East season to start. The day vs night schedule is obviously the only reason the total 6 games ratings (not counting the Fox game) were down a few percentage points from last year's record breaking numbers. But those viewers just weren't able to watch it due to work, knew the game was on FS1, and ended up tuning in during game 7 anyways. Then you add on the additional # of people who watched this year's game 7 vs last year's game 6. Games 1-5 are repeat viewers and if they miss an afternoon game this year it doesn't matter. Point being, more unique people watched this year vs last.

Perfect example: my brother. He doesn't have cable but uses our family login to watch on apps. He downloaded the FSGO app just to watch game 7. He's one of those additional people who watched this year vs last year. So when SJU is beating Duke or Nova this year, he has a much better change of tuning in vs last year.

The difference between game 7 this year and game 6 last year was only 200k viewers(9.9 million to 9.7 million). Realistically with people in bars etc. it was probably darn close to equal. Not exactly a huge gap regardless.... I'll be really curious when we get to Friday to see the whole day ratings for the week. 1 thing that this year didn't have that last year did was the post game shows with Rose and ARod together. This year felt a lot more forced with both Big Papi and Keith Hernandez added. No where near the easy chemistry that last year had. So I think a lot more folks game over turned it off.

Your connection with the Big East would be more apt if they showed any commercials for the Big East. As far as I know, nada.

1. The Big East connection is getting people familiar with FS1 and the FSGO app, right in time for the start of Big East play. I stated that in my post.
2. Nobody cares about your spin, which is why I edited my post to reflect reality. Back to back grand slams for FS1 and Fox. Amazing couple years.

Yesterday's WS game 4 outperformed last year's. Yes it was due to following up a B1G game. And that's exactly what's awesome about the ratings. So glad to have B1G on Fox and FS1 this year.

Fox with an amazing weekend.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby Jet915 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:51 pm

Damn this World Series is crazy good.
Jet915

Postby Jet915 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:16 am

Darren Rovell
@darrenrovell
·
35m
Overnight Ratings From Last Night:

Game 5 World Series: 12.8

Sunday Night Football: 9.4
Jet915

Postby CrawfishBucket » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:49 pm

This was posted on the AAC board. There is a big thread on csnbbs about it.

It makes me wonder how much better the ratings would be if St Johns and Georgetown were leading the standings.
Georgetown
CrawfishBucket

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:59 am

CrawfishBucket wrote:This was posted on the AAC board. There is a big thread on csnbbs about it.

It makes me wonder how much better the ratings would be if St Johns and Georgetown were leading the standings.

Having our teams in NYC, DC and Chicago not suck ass would help. But if you compare our Fox and FS1 ratings to other conferences on those same channels its basically the same.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby paulxu » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:12 am

What's the point? Louisville, Syracuse, Pitt and West Va were leaving for football $.
Should the rest of the teams stayed with Tulane et al, and taken a million/year of left over TV dollars for basketball?
Or struck out with 3 new schools for $4 million a year.
Seems like a no-brainer.
...he went up late, and I was already up there.
paulxu

Postby NJRedman » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:01 am

paulxu wrote:What's the point? Louisville, Syracuse, Pitt and West Va were leaving for football $.
Should the rest of the teams stayed with Tulane et al, and taken a million/year of left over TV dollars for basketball?
Or struck out with 3 new schools for $4 million a year.
Seems like a no-brainer.

It wouldn't have even been a million a year. A couple hundred thousand a year to play ECU, Tulane and U_F.
NJRedman

Postby bluejayfanatic » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:05 am

CrawfishBucket wrote:This was posted on the AAC board.

What was a "Georgetown" fan doing on an AAC board?
bluejayfanatic

Postby Xavier4036 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:16 pm

That is exactly my question. Why in the hell would you waste time reading the AAC board?

Not a peer league or even near the same level as the Big East.

And don’t try to use the excuse that it’s because those are the teams Georgetown used to play, which you’ve tried to use before. If that were the case, you’d be reading the ACC board - not the American Athletic board.
Xavier4036

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board