Postby Jet915 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:01 pm

Finally saw a Big East commercial on FS1, "Home of Champions."
Jet915

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bmorex » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:30 pm

Hoping for a Big East plug tonight during Game 7.
bmorex

Postby BigmanU » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:07 am

BigmanU

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:20 am

BigmanU wrote:Worst month in ESPN's history

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn- ... ory-102916

He makes a good point that ESPN is in a lot of trouble for long-term contracts do to cord-cutting. But frankly, its long overdue. The Sports bubble is insane and its about time the money comes down to reality levels.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby FenwayFriar » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Post World Series big picture thought: because of the great NLCS and the outstanding NLCS/World Series pre/post-game with ARod, Rose, and Big Hurt, it forced people to a.) find FS1 and b.) turn to that channel often. Over the last month, if you were a baseball fan (or a casual fan who was interested in all the hype about the pre/post-game) you were forced to turn to FS1 a ton. This postseason, more than any other sporting event over the last 3 years, has put FS1 in a great spot. Combine this with the recent negative publicity surrounding ESPN and I can imagine the execs at FS1 are still popping bottles.
FenwayFriar

Postby stever20 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:25 pm

FenwayFriar wrote:Post World Series big picture thought: because of the great NLCS and the outstanding NLCS/World Series pre/post-game with ARod, Rose, and Big Hurt, it forced people to a.) find FS1 and b.) turn to that channel often. Over the last month, if you were a baseball fan (or a casual fan who was interested in all the hype about the pre/post-game) you were forced to turn to FS1 a ton. This postseason, more than any other sporting event over the last 3 years, has put FS1 in a great spot. Combine this with the recent negative publicity surrounding ESPN and I can imagine the execs at FS1 are still popping bottles.

The 1 negative is that not many folks at all flipped over for the post game show from Fox to FS1. The 5 so far averaged only 206k viewers per night. So just from the looks of things, folks did not turn to FS1 after the games to find that great post game show- after being on FS1 for the LCS.

compare to the LCS where they got 1.922 million viewers per post game show.

So people just didn't turn to FS1 after the games. I mean no post game show for the World Series got even 300k viewers. If it made an impression, it was a very thin impression.
stever20

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:51 pm

stever20 wrote:
FenwayFriar wrote:Post World Series big picture thought: because of the great NLCS and the outstanding NLCS/World Series pre/post-game with ARod, Rose, and Big Hurt, it forced people to a.) find FS1 and b.) turn to that channel often. Over the last month, if you were a baseball fan (or a casual fan who was interested in all the hype about the pre/post-game) you were forced to turn to FS1 a ton. This postseason, more than any other sporting event over the last 3 years, has put FS1 in a great spot. Combine this with the recent negative publicity surrounding ESPN and I can imagine the execs at FS1 are still popping bottles.

The 1 negative is that not many folks at all flipped over for the post game show from Fox to FS1. The 5 so far averaged only 206k viewers per night. So just from the looks of things, folks did not turn to FS1 after the games to find that great post game show- after being on FS1 for the LCS.

So people just didn't turn to FS1 after the games. I mean no post game show for the World Series got even 300k viewers. If it made an impression, it was a very thin impression.

True, and while it is a missed opportunity, I don't see it as a knock against FS1. Honestly, I don't think ESPN or any other network would have much better postgame show numbers. Personally, when a game I'm watching ends, I may tune in to the postgame show if it continues on that same channel but (unless I'm a fan of the winning team perhaps) there's no way I'm gonna flip to another channel looking for it. I imagine that applies to a lot of people. And especially considering how late that game ended on a Wednesday Night. It was game over, goodnight for me.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby Xudash » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:02 pm

Hall2012 wrote:
stever20 wrote:

True, and while it is a missed opportunity, I don't see it as a knock against FS1. Honestly, I don't think ESPN or any other network would have much better postgame show numbers. Personally, when a game I'm watching ends, I may tune in to the postgame show if it continues on that same channel but (unless I'm a fan of the winning team perhaps) there's no way I'm gonna flip to another channel looking for it. I imagine that applies to a lot of people. And especially considering how late that game ended on a Wednesday Night. It was game over, goodnight for me.

Exactly.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Xudash » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:03 pm

DudeAnon wrote:
BigmanU wrote:Worst month in ESPN's history

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn- ... ory-102916

He makes a good point that ESPN is in a lot of trouble for long-term contracts do to cord-cutting. But frankly, its long overdue. The Sports bubble is insane and its about time the money comes down to reality levels.

"I'm not trying to be alarmist here, but the simple fact is this -- I don't see how ESPN's business model makes sense at all by 2021."

Hello Life Cycle Phase Four.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby MUPanther » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:51 pm

375K for MLB Postgame on FS1 — pretty good for 1:32AM-2:17AM
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board