Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 Update

Postby FenwayFriar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:39 am

Omaha1 wrote:I haven't watched more than a few minutes of FS1 since basketball ended. Whenever I go to that channel, it's something unwatchable. Hate to say that, but I don't think I am alone.

+1

Jamie Horowitz basically killed any chance of them competing with ESPN. Instead of doing something different and innovative he instead chose to copy ESPN's model. You know, the model that has declining ratings and is consistently mocked nationally. Live sports is the only thing that can save FS1 now. Other than that, he seems like a real stand-up guy though...
FenwayFriar

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUPanther » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Well, JH model has somewhat worked. Ratings are up on FS1. Year 1, FS1 did try things different. Nobody watched.

I do DVD, Speak for Yourself with Cowherd and Whitlock. MLB Whiparound is pretty good as well.
Last edited by MUPanther on Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Omaha1 wrote:I haven't watched more than a few minutes of FS1 since basketball ended. Whenever I go to that channel, it's something unwatchable. Hate to say that, but I don't think I am alone.

Your not a MLB, Soccer, UFC, boxing, Big3 basketball or NASCAR fan?
MUPanther

Postby Jet915 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:01 pm

MUPanther wrote:Well, JH model has somewhat worked. Ratings are up on FS1. Year 1, FS1 did try things different. Nobody watched.

I do DVD, Speak for Yourself with Cowherd and Whitlock. MLB Whiparound is pretty good as well.

Yeah, ill watch the Herd and Speak For Yourself when Im not working.
Jet915

Postby NJRedman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:41 pm

I only watch sports channels for live sports during the summer slow months. Though i'll watch some top ten on the nfl network. Starting next month when college and pro football start and the mlb playoffs start gearing up I become more into every aspect of sports up until March Madness then my sports jones starts to subside.
NJRedman

Postby stever20 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:22 pm

Thing is, it was always going to be like that. ESPN has between NBA, MLB, and Tennis 3 huge things over the period from March thru August. FS1 really only has some MLB and Soccer- with a splattering of Nascar. In the 2 years out of 4 that there aren't World Cups, it's going to be brutal for Fox. That's one thing where while the money was bad for it, ESPN keeping the NBA off of Fox was huge.

though would say it's nice right now. Just turned on FS1 and who is on calling a baseball game? None other than Dick Enberg.... It's probably just a 1 off type of thing, but man it would be incredible if he called even just a few basketball games this winter..... 1 of the best for sure....
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Well, June had some busy times for FS1. From the U.S. Open on Fox/FS1 to FS1 airings its inaugural FIFA Confederations Cup to MLB to the 24 Hours of Le Mans and NASCAR. There was also the Gold Cup. Ice Cube's Big 3 was a nice little add on on Monday's.

Plus, the NHRA (drag racing) has been a very good pick up for FS1. It fills many timeslots in summer. On some events, it's getting over million in viewership.
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:03 pm

MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:59 pm

Just saw that Pete Rose is out with Fox.
http://awfulannouncing.com/fox/pete-ros ... ation.html

A shame- because he was great with A Rod and Thomas- that was a historically good (and hysterically funny) combo.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:41 pm

Big Ten Basketball Schedule on FOX/FS1

http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/late ... s1-2017-18
MUPanther

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board