Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 Update

Postby Jet915 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:49 pm

i dont know the actual average but these numbers seem alot higher than years past...
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ArmyVet » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:52 am

In an unprecedented move, ESPN Public Relations crafted “Fox v. ESPN: Anatomy of a moving target,” a propagandist look inside the battle from Bristol’s point of view.

ESPN, finally on the offensive, documents how Fox Sports has angled the ratings numbers to fit the narrative that it’s gaining on the behemoth. The PR effort tries to use quotes describing Fox Sports’ ambitions against it and lays out a case that programs from “Fox Sports Live” to “Speak for Yourself” and “Undisputed” have in succession failed to knock ESPN from its perch.

“It’s going to take us a while,” ESPN quotes Fox exec David Hill saying in 2013 upon the network’s launch. “We’re not expecting to knock ESPN off in the first week or two. It’s going to take two to three years. It will be a slog.”

Four years later, ESPN cites Nielsen ratings that indicate it’s beating Fox Sports by nearly 5-to-1. Fox Sports would argue — and has — that it’s closing the gap in a war that has finally drawn ESPN’s attention. Fox Sports PR has consistently taken digs and compared its own ratings with ESPN’s — always skewed in a favorable way.

But no matter how the numbers are massaged, ESPN is winning. “First Take” ratings were down following Skip Bayless turning his cloak to work for the enemy — in November, numbers were down about 35 percent from the year prior, when it had Bayless playing on its team. ESPN shifted the Stephen A. Smith talking-head program to ESPN proper, and now the network brags it beats Bayless’ show 175,000 to 132,000.

The aggressive PR move may backfire, judging from the reaction of Fox Sports talent. ESPN, by legitimizing the battle, is admitting the presence of a rival.

In reality, ESPN’s numbers remain far, far better than Fox Sports’, but ESPN still is vulnerable to a less tangible enemy. The network reportedly lost 2 million subscribers in fiscal year 2016, as more and more viewers cut cords. It may be winning a battle and losing the bigger war.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/24/espn-snaps ... ts-throat/
ArmyVet

Postby ArmyVet » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:53 am

Clay Travis
✔ ‎@ClayTravis

Number one rule of politics: don't attack the challenger until you realize he might beat you. ESPN's rattled:
ArmyVet

Postby Jet915 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:04 pm

Obviously wont be any during the game but nice to see some Big East ads during Superbowl pregame so far....
Jet915

Postby Toronto Rapture » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:37 am

I wish I could watch the BE games on FS1, but to my knowledge, that channel/network is not available in Canada. We have TSN, which ESPN absorbed and now pretty much functions as the Canadian ESPN. We also have Sportsnet, which is the main competitor to TSN, kind of like how FS1 is to ESPN in the U.S. I guess. Sportsnet is pretty well established by now, even though still second place to TSN. It seems FS1 is still finding its way. Funny thing is that two of the anchors for FS1 used to work for TSN, Jay Onrait and Dan Otoole. I always disliked how silly they acted at times.
"...Bull doggin'...like them Georgetown Hoyas..." Big Boi from Outkast
Toronto Rapture

Postby MUPanther » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:18 am

http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/show ... ennel-club

The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, Monday and Tuesday, Feb. 13-14 on FS1, crowns the seven Best In Group winners Monday and Tuesday night, leading up to Tuesday night’s Best In Show
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:17 pm

MUPanther

Postby Jet915 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:30 pm

MUPanther wrote:https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/830851242343665666

Ugh....i hope thats not true, he's a total douchebag and Big East hater. I guess the only open slot would be between the Herd and SFY?
Jet915

Postby MUPanther » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:04 am

HUB LOVE: Monday #RaceHub on @FS1 scores 250k viewers, +46% from '15 Feb Mon avg 171k @adam1alexander @ShannonSpake @LarryMac28 #Daytona500.

FS1 should expand it's studio shows. They work on this network!
MUPanther

Postby ArmyVet » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Fox Sports Live cancelled.
ArmyVet

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board