Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby Doge McDermott » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:34 am

FenwayFriar wrote:
stever20 wrote:saw this-
http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/a-rod-s ... casts.html

It's been amazing- the MLB post game show on FS1 has been IMO absolutely superb. A-Rod and Rose just been perfect together. A Baseball version of Turner's Inside the NBA.

Couldn't agree more; their pre and post have been outstanding. It's a great blend of personalities. Now if we could just have a TBS-FS1 trade involving Pedro for Frank Thomas it would be perfect. Already having two of the greatest hitters ever in ARod and Rose, it would great to get a pitchers perspective. The Big Hurt just doesn't add enough IMO.

As a kid who grew up in Chicago's south suburbs in the 90s, YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH! FRANK THOMAS IS THE GREATEST BASEBALL PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT!
Doge McDermott

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:37 am

so quick question....

Fox's baseball show is so good....

Who could Fox have for basketball to get as good of a chemistry as what the baseball show is?
stever20

Postby NJRedman » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:00 pm

stever20 wrote:so quick question....

Fox's baseball show is so good....

Who could Fox have for basketball to get as good of a chemistry as what the baseball show is?

Chemistry is a funny thing. You can't produce it, it's either there or it isn't.
NJRedman

Postby MUPanther » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:11 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:
MUPanther wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/FOXSportsPR/status/790669520138477568

Side note, I think Joe Buck is outstanding at baseball.

EDIT: And I have to add...nowhere along the way did either Buck or Smoltz mention that Hendricks (and then Chapman) faced the minimum number of batters in the game, which is only the second time in post-season history that has happened (Don Larsen's perfect game being the other). The after show guys got it...but not Buck or Smoltz.

I was flipping with my man cave two TV's with Ohio State- Penn State, OU-TT, Ole Miss-LSU and Game 6 of the NLCS. I did hear Joe Buck say after a double play that the Cubs have faced the minimum.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Savannah Jay » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:37 pm

stever20 wrote:
Savannah Jay wrote:
MUPanther wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/FOXSportsPR/status/790669520138477568

Side note, I think Joe Buck is outstanding at baseball.

Understood...I know some folks like Buck. Some folks do not. Apparently, a bunch of Indians fans have signed a petition to get Fox to replace Buck with Bob Uecker (which I would love). Obviously, that's not going to happen but the Indians' fans are not enamored.

Cubs fans are not either. It was embarrassing to listen to him openly fawn over Kershaw as Kershaw was getting roundly outpitched by Kyle Hendricks. Buck even started making excuses for him. Honestly, I thought maybe they were related. In reality, Buck is an unapologetic Cardinals fan and really struggled to say much of anything about the Cubs, who were the best team in baseball this year. If you didn't know about the baseball season at all and just listened to Buck during the Cubs-Giants series and then the Cubs-Dodgers series, you would swear the Giants and Dodgers were the second and third coming of Christ. Clearly, I am biased. But so is Buck...and Buck is paid well to be unbiased while he is on TV.

EDIT: And I have to add...nowhere along the way did either Buck or Smoltz mention that Hendricks (and then Chapman) faced the minimum number of batters in the game, which is only the second time in post-season history that has happened (Don Larsen's perfect game being the other). The after show guys got it...but not Buck or Smoltz.

You do understand the reason Indians fans want Bob Uecker is the movie Major League. Those same fans want Charlie Sheen to throw out the first pitch.

I do think they did mention going into the 9th that fact about minimum number of batters in the game. And then in the post game show. It was totally meaningless though right after the game was over- the thing that meant more was the Cubs winning the pennant

um...yes, I understand the Indians' fans reason for wanting the Ueck...still no love lost for Buck. There is actually a "Joe Buck Sucks" FB page, I am told.

Perhaps I missed the reference going into the 9th...there was a LOT going on in my head and my world as the Cubs were on the cusp. I've also watched a LOT of baseball in my life, including many games where pitchers faced the minimum number of batters through a certain number of innings. Usually, by the time the pitcher gets through 5 innings, it gets mentioned as part of the broadcast. And then again after six, and seven...you get the idea. If someone finally alerted the boys in the booth to the fact heading into the 9th, then perhaps that happened. But until then, Buck was too busy lavishing praise and then making excuses for Kershaw. I love Kershaw...think he is, when healthy, the best pitcher in baseball. But he wasn't Saturday night, though you wouldn't know it from the announcers. Had to listen to the same crap in the Giants series. "Mad-Bum" this and "Mad-Bum" that...
Savannah Jay

Postby Jet915 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:54 pm

Even w/no gm 7 in NLCS, FS1 again led all cable primetime for week & easily beat ESPN:

1. FS1: 4.235M
2. Fox News: 3.306M
3. ESPN: 2.222M
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:03 pm

interesting comparison from game 2 vs game 1 of the World Series...
First hour: -32%
Second hour: -15%
Third hour: +1%
Fourth hour: +9%

So the earlier start didn't help out at all. Think that pretty much ends any shot of having the World Series games start at anything other than 8pm et.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:47 am

OMAHA, Neb. -- The Creighton men's basketball home game on Saturday, January 21 against Marquette has been moved up two hours, and will now start at 1:30 p.m. Central.

One major reason for the change is the decision by FOX to pick up the game nationally.

The game had previously been scheduled to air on FS1 with a 3:30 p.m. tip time.

The contest is the second Creighton home game this week to change. Previously it was announced that Creighton's game against Longwood was moved to Dec. 9 and will now take place at 6:30 p.m. on FS1.

Another game on FOX for Creighton.
Jet915

Postby scoscox » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:41 am

Doge McDermott wrote:
FenwayFriar wrote:
stever20 wrote:saw this-
http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/a-rod-s ... casts.html

It's been amazing- the MLB post game show on FS1 has been IMO absolutely superb. A-Rod and Rose just been perfect together. A Baseball version of Turner's Inside the NBA.

Couldn't agree more; their pre and post have been outstanding. It's a great blend of personalities. Now if we could just have a TBS-FS1 trade involving Pedro for Frank Thomas it would be perfect. Already having two of the greatest hitters ever in ARod and Rose, it would great to get a pitchers perspective. The Big Hurt just doesn't add enough IMO.

As a kid who grew up in Chicago's south suburbs in the 90s, YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH! FRANK THOMAS IS THE GREATEST BASEBALL PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT!

I think he struggles a little bit on the live shows. He loses confidence in what he's saying a lot of times and it's just kind of awkward, but he does segments with Pete ROse called the Hurt and the Hustle and those are just great
scoscox

Postby stever20 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:40 am

well Big Fox gets manna from Heaven. Game 7.

game 6 was slightly down from game 5- due to the blowout. But I think Fox will take that to get a game 7. Which should be highest rated game since at least 2004, if not longer.

But the Cubs in the WS not helped FS1. Averaged 209k viewers this past week in prime time.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board