Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 Update

Postby stever20 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:17 pm

Did see for basketball Fox, CBS, and ESPN all have equal priority on pick of games.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUPanther » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:21 pm

stever20 wrote:Did see for basketball Fox, CBS, and ESPN all have equal priority on pick of games.
What does that mean? How can all 3 have equal priority picks?
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Polyfro » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:25 pm

The B1G released their schedules today, which is interesting because we now know specifics about how FOX is going to cover Big Ten hoops (and what that might mean for Big East games):

CBS still will air games on Sunday afternoons, ESPN broadcasts games on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, and BTN will stage its Wednesday doubleheader. FOX, FS1 and FS2 will broadcast games on Mondays and Fridays.

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/whats- ... y-december

Two questions. One, I wonder if Fox is planning a "Big Monday" type doubleheader with the Big Ten and Big East? And two, will Fox push the Big East to play on Friday nights, too? IIRC, coaches successfully lobbied to not play league games on Friday nights after the first year of the Fox contract (because of the strange gaps or lack of prep days in between games that it created). Will they return at the behest of Fox execs this year?
News & Commentary on Creighton Sports | www.whiteandbluereview.com
Polyfro

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:18 am

Polyfro wrote:The B1G released their schedules today, which is interesting because we now know specifics about how FOX is going to cover Big Ten hoops (and what that might mean for Big East games):

CBS still will air games on Sunday afternoons, ESPN broadcasts games on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, and BTN will stage its Wednesday doubleheader. FOX, FS1 and FS2 will broadcast games on Mondays and Fridays.

Two questions. One, I wonder if Fox is planning a "Big Monday" type doubleheader with the Big Ten and Big East? And two, will Fox push the Big East to play on Friday nights, too? IIRC, coaches successfully lobbied to not play league games on Friday nights after the first year of the Fox contract (because of the strange gaps or lack of prep days in between games that it created). Will they return at the behest of Fox execs this year?

I thought BIG 10 games were still a year away for Fox?
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Jet915 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:20 am

DudeAnon wrote:
Polyfro wrote:The B1G released their schedules today, which is interesting because we now know specifics about how FOX is going to cover Big Ten hoops (and what that might mean for Big East games):

Nope, they are advertising the start of B1G football on Fox/FS1 next month.
Jet915

Postby MUPanther » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:33 am

DudeAnon wrote:

You must not what FS1 that much. They have been running adds for a while now for the Pac-12, Big 12 & Big Ten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2cLMp1aLMM
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:36 am

FOX/FS1-- 2017 college football schedule
https://foxsports-wordpress-www-prsuppo ... hedule.pdf
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:02 pm

MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:51 am

Sounds like Big Ten basketball will be on FS1 on Monday and Friday's.

The league’s previous arrangements with CBS, ESPN and BTN remain unchanged. CBS still will air games on Sunday afternoons, ESPN broadcasts games on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, and BTN will stage its Wednesday doubleheader. FOX, FS1 and FS2 will broadcast games on Mondays and Fridays
MUPanther

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:40 am

I haven't watched more than a few minutes of FS1 since basketball ended. Whenever I go to that channel, it's something unwatchable. Hate to say that, but I don't think I am alone.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board