Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 Update

Postby stever20 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:12 pm

MUPanther wrote:football picks for network in coming weeks................

Oct. 7th
12pm FS1: Texas Tech at Kansas
3:30pm FS1: West Virginia at TCU
7pm FS1: Kansas St. at Texas
10:15pm FS1: Stanford at Utah

Oct. 14th
12PM TCU at Kansas State-FS1
3:30pm Baylor at Oklahoma State- FS1
7:30PM Ohio State at Nebraska-FS1
11PM Oregon at Stanford-FS1

going up against-
Oct 7-
Noon- ESPN- Georgia @ Vanderbilt ESPN2- Wake Forest @ Clemson
3:30pm ESPN- Miami @ Florida St ESPN2- Minnesota @ Purdue
7pm- ESPN Alabama @ Texas A&M ESPN2- Va Tech @ BC
1015pm ESPN Cal @ Washington ESPN2- San Diego St @ UNLV

Oct 14- still up in the air right now.

For Oct 7- first 2 games you'd give advantage to ESPN and in noon slot even ESPN2. 7pm game I'd take FS1's along with later game.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUPanther » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Stop hijacking the post. Who cares what It's up against. The point is these are the games on FOX/FS1.

That also being said you will take the FS1 over Alabama in primetime? You want to bet? I've already kick your butt on OU/Baylor.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:23 pm

MUPanther wrote:Stop hijacking the post. Who cares what It's up against. The point is these are the games on FOX/FS1.

That also being said you will take the FS1 over Alabama in primetime? You want to bet? I've already kick your butt on OU/Baylor.

I think it's good to see what the games are up against.

You are probably right about Alabama/A&M beating Kansas St/Texas.

And one thing that we've seen- we're now up thru October 14- and Big Ten will have had 1 even decent game on FS1. Ohio St/Nebraska. Hardly what I think folks here expected. The following week(Oct 21)- ABC/ESPN will have Michigan/Penn St- and the best game possible on FS1 would be Indiana/Mich St, Illinois/Minnesota, or Iowa/Northwestern. And the following week(Oct 28) Big Fox will have Ohio St/Penn St. ESPN gets 2nd choice, so FS1 would get 3rd choice only. So thru first 9 weeks and really only 1 good game on FS1.
stever20

Postby Savannah Jay » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:02 am

MUPanther wrote:Stop hijacking the post. Who cares what It's up against. The point is these are the games on FOX/FS1.

It's just Stever, as always, with the pedal to the metal on the douchemobile.
Savannah Jay

Postby stever20 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:54 am

1 thing that is interesting for the 14th- game 2 of the ALCS is scheduled for that day. With FS1 having 4 games, that means that game at least will be on Big Fox. Looking ahead a week for a possible game 7, that game would be on FS1- as Big Fox scheduled for 3 games that day for football.

This Saturday FS1 and Big Fox have the most games they have of any weekend for the entire football season.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:42 pm

stever20 wrote:

I think it's good to see what the games are up against.

You are probably right about Alabama/A&M beating Kansas St/Texas.

And one thing that we've seen- we're now up thru October 14- and Big Ten will have had 1 even decent game on FS1. Ohio St/Nebraska. Hardly what I think folks here expected. The following week(Oct 21)- ABC/ESPN will have Michigan/Penn St- and the best game possible on FS1 would be Indiana/Mich St, Illinois/Minnesota, or Iowa/Northwestern. And the following week(Oct 28) Big Fox will have Ohio St/Penn St. ESPN gets 2nd choice, so FS1 would get 3rd choice only. So thru first 9 weeks and really only 1 good game on FS1.

Hard to disagree with the lack of high profile Big Ten Football games on FS1 so far. Couple of things. The windows for college football in September on FS1 was limited with MLB, golf, UFC, racing. The windows improve for here out. The Big Ten games on FOX has pushed games in the PAc-12 and Big 12 in years past on FOX to FS1. The Nebraska at Illinois which was not a major game this past Friday, had over a million viewers on FS1 Also, I think most on the board have been talking about the 30 plus Big Ten basketball games on FS1, not football.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:12 pm

MUPanther wrote:Hard to disagree with the lack of high profile Big Ten Football games on FS1 so far. Couple of things. The windows for college football in September on FS1 was limited with MLB, golf, UFC, racing. The windows improve for here out. The Big Ten games on FOX has pushed games in the PAc-12 and Big 12 in years past on FOX to FS1. The Nebraska at Illinois which was not a major game this past Friday, had over a million viewers on FS1 Also, I think most on the board have been talking about the 30 plus Big Ten basketball games on FS1, not football.

The thing now is that we know everything thru October 14. After that, there's only 6 weeks left. And we know some stuff already past then based on earlier selections. One thing- ESPN has in weeks 10-12 2 of the 3 top selections for those weeks.

The lineup for Fox/ESPN has been extremely close....
ESPN top game picks- Ohio St/Indiana, Oklahoma/Ohio St, Michigan St/Michigan, Michigan/Penn St
Fox top game picks- Army/Ohio St, Notre Dame/Michigan St, Iowa/Michigan St, Ohio St/Nebraska, Penn St/Ohio St, Ohio St/Michigan

3 top picks left, and ESPN gets 2 of them. 1 will almost certainly be on Nov 18 when Michigan plays Wisconsin going to ESPN.

Also I would argue that Big Fox has just created more game slots on their air rather than moving games over... I mean we're right now thru 5 weeks. Last year Big Fox had shown all of 5 games. This year, they've shown 10.

Individual basketball games won't matter as much as you would think. Doing a quick count, it's 22 conference games on FS1. Of the OOC games, the only decent one that is guaranteed to be on FS1 is Kansas/Nebraska. Only other possible one is Marquette/Wisconsin(and that could be on Fox). So not exactly a lot of great matchups on FS1. Now, better than what FS1 used to show- but still- not enough to make a huge difference.
stever20

Postby stever20 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:48 pm

well Fox catches a break with the Yankees winning last night...

And may catch another HUGE break... FS1 gets all but 1 game in each of the 2 LDS. Well, game 2 for the Yankees/Cleveland series is the MLBN game. Looking at the weather forecast, sounds like rain in Cleveland on Friday could make that game postponed, which would not have been good for FS1 at all given make up game would have been on Saturday and FS1(and Big Fox) is completely booked with college football.

They get game 1 of the Yankees/Indians tomorrow at 730pm and then 2 pm on Friday will be Red Sox/Astros. They haven't announced times for the other 3 games of the series on Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday.
stever20

Postby ArmyVet » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Katie Nolan headed to ESPN. Boo.
ArmyVet

Postby billyjack » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:31 pm

stever20 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:Hard to disagree with the lack of high profile Big Ten Football games on FS1 so far. Couple of things. The windows for college football in September on FS1 was limited with MLB, golf, UFC, racing. The windows improve for here out. The Big Ten games on FOX has pushed games in the PAc-12 and Big 12 in years past on FOX to FS1. The Nebraska at Illinois which was not a major game this past Friday, had over a million viewers on FS1 Also, I think most on the board have been talking about the 30 plus Big Ten basketball games on FS1, not football.

The thing now is that we know everything thru October 14. After that, there's only 6 weeks left. And we know some stuff already past then based on earlier selections. One thing- ESPN has in weeks 10-12 2 of the 3 top selections for those weeks.

The lineup for Fox/ESPN has been extremely close....
ESPN top game picks- Ohio St/Indiana, Oklahoma/Ohio St, Michigan St/Michigan, Michigan/Penn St
Fox top game picks- Army/Ohio St, Notre Dame/Michigan St, Iowa/Michigan St, Ohio St/Nebraska, Penn St/Ohio St, Ohio St/Michigan

3 top picks left, and ESPN gets 2 of them. 1 will almost certainly be on Nov 18 when Michigan plays Wisconsin going to ESPN.

Also I would argue that Big Fox has just created more game slots on their air rather than moving games over... I mean we're right now thru 5 weeks. Last year Big Fox had shown all of 5 games. This year, they've shown 10.

Individual basketball games won't matter as much as you would think. Doing a quick count, it's 22 conference games on FS1. Of the OOC games, the only decent one that is guaranteed to be on FS1 is Kansas/Nebraska. Only other possible one is Marquette/Wisconsin(and that could be on Fox). So not exactly a lot of great matchups on FS1. Now, better than what FS1 used to show- but still- not enough to make a huge difference.

Combination of both a Russian bot from Vladivostok, and "Groundhog Day", especially the moment when the Sonny & Cher song clicks on.
Providence
billyjack

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board