Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 Update

Postby Omaha1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:30 pm

Selfishly as a fan, I want FS1 games over any other service or channel because of the love they’ve shown us and the quality of their coverage.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby billyjack » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:08 pm

Ok i just realized that we're bumped off Fox so that WWE Smackdown could be aired?? WTF?

You guys mentioned it yesterday but i thought it was for a Big 12 game.
Providence
billyjack

Postby ecasadoSBU » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:19 am

billyjack wrote:Ok i just realized that we're bumped off Fox so that WWE Smackdown could be aired?? WTF?

you guys weren't bumped off Big Fox... This is the first time one of the Big East Semifinals was promoted to Big Fox. Semifinals have always been on FS1.

I think UConn winning the national championship and having a solid following had something to do with that
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby FenwayFriar » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:45 am

stever20 wrote:so you can search to find on Peacock, but can't search to find on ESPN+? That's pretty rich there.

I think if it's a 3rd thing, it'll be ESPN guaranteed.

Every Big 10 game on Peacock is on the front screen of Peacock right when you log in. There is no searching required. It attracts casual fans because, again, it's on the very front screen. It's the only game on the service. I assume the Big East would get the same treatment. ESPN+ is oversaturated with countless low level game no one cares about every single day. Can you really not see the difference?

ESPN+ does not attract casual fans. I'm going to watch every game no matter what, so I'm not concerned about it from my perspective. I'm concerned about how to increase our viewership and brand. ESPN+ does not do either. You need to think like an executive, not like a fan.

Whether it's Peacock, Paramount+, Apple TV, Netflix, a streaming service is the way to go for the third package. ESPN is a bad idea unless they guarantee all games will be on ESPN or ESPN2.
FenwayFriar

Postby MUPanther » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:10 pm

billyjack wrote:Ok i just realized that we're bumped off Fox so that WWE Smackdown could be aired?? WTF?

Big 12 doesn't start it's new TV deal until 2025-26.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:13 pm

ecasadoSBU wrote:

you guys weren't bumped off Big Fox... This is the first time one of the Big East Semifinals was promoted to Big Fox. Semifinals have always been on FS1.

I think UConn winning the national championship and having a solid following had something to do with that

UConn had nothing to do with it. The network and 1.5 earlier timeslot came out in late September. This change was to make the Pac-12 semi and championship to start earlier as FOX/FS1 has the rights to the tournament this year.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board