Madison Square Garden or Barclays?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Madison Square Garden or Barclays?

Postby jkc_dawgs » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:16 pm

This is why Chicago might work. Not a true home team. In our first years we don't want to look like a low level conference playing at a school arena. United Center would work in that regard.[/quote

I see where you are coming from. And when you said "playing at a school arena" who or what school where you referring to?
jkc_dawgs

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Dew » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:18 pm

jkc_dawgs wrote: And when you said "playing at a school arena" who or what school where you referring to?

If you meant Hinkle for example. I say go the biggest, best arena we can find.
Dew

Postby jkc_dawgs » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:24 pm

The pacers play at a very nice arena. They just added an enormous video system this past off-season. I don't really know much about the United Center though beside that the bulls play there.
jkc_dawgs

Postby Peter » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:27 pm

jkc_dawgs wrote:The pacers play at a very nice arena. They just added an enormous video system this past off-season. I don't really know much about the United Center though beside that the bulls play there.

The Big East 7 will have the final say. I can't imagine they will allow games in Chicago or Indy. It'll be NYC or DC. No other choice even considered - mark my words.
Peter

Postby jkc_dawgs » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:30 pm

It will most definitely be considered. I just think it will bring in more money the first few years. After 3 or 4 seasons though, it will be back on the east coast.
jkc_dawgs

Postby Dew » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:46 pm

jkc_dawgs wrote:It will most definitely be considered. I just think it will bring in more money the first few years. After 3 or 4 seasons though, it will be back on the east coast.

I'm not going to disparage the fine city of Indianapolis, but there is no chance the Big East / Catholic 7 is going to hold their first basketball tournament in Indy.
Dew

Postby gmoser1210 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 pm

I think there's a better chance than you think. This isn't the Big East. This will be a new conference with a legitimate presence in the Midwest, and with a large percentage of the conference's talent in the Midwest.
gmoser1210

Postby pki1998 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:29 pm

Indy is a nice choice but even though Indy is a two hour drive I vote for MSG! NYC is a destination and will get more people to make the trip to the conference tourney
pki1998

Postby Bluejay » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:53 pm

The selfish side of me would like to see the conference tourney alternate between east and west. As a Creighton fan, moving the conference tourney even farther away is the biggest drawback of making a move. We have a history of dominating the conference tourney and bringing a ton of fans. With the tourney in NY yearly, the numbers of our fans that can make the trip annually will certainly drop substantially.
Bluejay

Postby novajoe » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:59 am

MSG...not even close.....St. John's is the key
novajoe

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board