Delusional Temple AD

The home for Big East hoops

Delusional Temple AD

Postby whiteandblue77 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Didn't know Temple's Bradshaw is as pathetic as the Owl's teams! Talk about bulliten-board material for the C7! Was he drunk? And to think people on here were bashing Creighton's AD for making a smart and funny "no comment," SHEESH!

http://thecherry.temple-news.com/2013/0 ... or-future/

On Catholic 7 leaving Big East basketball:
“They should’ve left. They should have probably left a while ago. I always thought the Big East was built on a fault, a fault that was going to have an earthquake sometime. Those schools should’ve gotten out much sooner. There’s really only one school in there that we’ll miss playing, and that’s Georgetown. I’m not sure Depaul, Providence, St. John’s or Seton Hall would bring anymore people than Xavier or Dayton did in our league. That’s really not a significant loss for us. The league has much more common denominators for the institutions now.”

On whether Big East basketball profile has suffered:
“It suffers for them more. If you’re Villanova you lost in the last seven years, Notre Dame, Connecticut, Cincinnati…it would have been Temple, Memphis, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, West Virginia. We never played in that league. We didn’t lose anything. We were playing in a league with St. Bonaventure, Duquesne, Fordham, Rhode Island, Charlotte. That’s the league we were in. The league we’re going in is much better in basketball.”

whiteandblue77

Delusional Temple AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Delusional Temple AD

Postby UDGutter2 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Is his first name Richard, he sounds like a Richard, he talks like a Richard too.
UDGutter2

Postby Edrick » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:50 pm

There's nothing in that, that is incorrect.
Edrick

Postby shupirate98 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Conveniently ignoring the fact that once UConn and Cincinnati inevitably go someplace else Temple will be in a league with Memphis and...well, Memphis. That's it. The rest of their league will be complete and utter garbage. He'll be longing for the days he could play Duquesne.
shupirate98

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:20 pm

He'll be singing a different tune when Cincy and UCONN leave and he is stuck playing ECU, SMU, Houston, Tulane and Tulsa :lol: .
Jet915

Postby yorost » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:50 pm

Edrick wrote:There's nothing in that, that is incorrect.

This,. It's worded in a way that sounds bad, but it doesn't seem too bad. He isn't saying the BE7 are worse than what the new BE will be. Memphis, UConn, Cincy, and maybe even Temple are all teams you hate to leave. He says the A10 had a bad bottom so its not a loss to enter the new BE.
yorost

Postby glen » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Spin control. Temple gets what they deserve.
glen

Postby QueRico » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:06 pm

It wasn't as bad on 2nd read. Temple took a shot at moving up in conference & wound up getting swept up in the current of realignment.
I don't think they'll be real happy when they wind up in some weird bunch of strangers that just met.
Had they made the committment to football years sooner, they'd have been a full member of the BE before the meltdown... but that probably wouldn't have mattered anyway.
QueRico

Postby whiteandblue77 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:12 pm

I think it gets worse the second time you read it... and funnier...

"The league has much more common denominators for the institutions now."

I guess he said that right after the Aztecs told the group they could go smoke their own piece pipe, they're stayin' in the MWC :D Ge it... the common denominators are that all the teams want to bolt, if they haven't already done so :lol:
whiteandblue77

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:46 am

Ok. This is a from a football program that was kicked out of the Big East because of ineptitude. Like so many FB programs they chase for the brass ring, all costs be damned. Now they've got their wish and have been invited to a BCS football league only to see it crumble around them. So now they've got a sinking ship of a FB league and program, that is literally bleeding PA taxpayers to the tune of millions, and he's puffing his chest out? I like Temple BB. I have always enjoyed our rivalry in the Big 5 (Nova), but if this is his attitude, good riddance. I wonder if he'll miss playing Marq, Butler, Xavier, and how he'll feel when UCONN and Cinn leave Sour grapes.
GumbyDamnit!

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board