KMOV: Why SLU should be invited

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Peter » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:04 am

The newly-dubbed “Catholic Seven”, a name that will stick with the media and fans, regardless of whether or not it is politically correct, is comprised of DePaul, Georgetown, Marquette, Providence, Seton Hall, St. Johns and Villanova. While the seven won’t start conference play until their Big East contracts run out in June 2015, that hasn’t stopped the institutions from already pursuing a commissioner and exploring a television deal worth millions.

Why does this matter to St. Louis? The presidents of the seven schools met last week with FOX representatives, who confirmed a $500 million offer fee that would be based on a 12-year deal with the seven schools. The Conference would also need to commit to adding five additional teams to the newly formed basketball-only league. And right in the heart of St. Louis sits Saint Louis University (SLU), which couldn’t be a better fit for the new Conference. Basketball-rich and needing Midwest teams, the opportunity seems to be right up Saint Louis University’s alley.

http://www.kmov.com/sports/The-Catholic ... 55451.html
Peter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: KMOV: Why SLU should be invited

Postby marq » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 am

I can think of as many (or more) reasons why SLU shouldn't be invited as I can reasons why they should be.
marq

Postby lukecu » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:54 pm

There are so any reasons for them not to be invited...this such a one-sided article. SLU "pedigree" in this article isn't as great as they make it out to be.
lukecu

Postby QueRico » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Meh so what, a shill piece to support your team. It's not like they were bashing anybody.
While I prefer SLU over VCU, there is definitely a list of pros & cons for both.
Ironically, the best thing going for VCU is that they would be a 6th eastern team in the conference.

The lack of news is killing me!
QueRico

Postby yorost » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:51 am

What an awful piece. Did this just try to give the impression St. Louis and Dayton are the two most ideal additions? ...without mentioning Butler or Xavier? I know it's home spun, but yuck.
yorost

Postby BillikensWin » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Knowing St. Louis media, I'm surprised they didn't come out with a 5 minute story about how Mizzou would be a better addition.
BillikensWin

Return to Big East basketball message board