2013 Thread - uconn and cincy to join c7

The home for Big East hoops

Re: uconn and cincy to join c7

Postby admin » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:07 am

If true, UConn and Cincy are a little late to the party aren't they? I have to wonder if they were sniffing around trying to find a suitable league (Big 10, ACC) and know they have no options other than the MAC. If I am one of those schools, I would strongly consider separating basketball and football - their football is going to a lesser conference no matter what under almost every scenario. Keeping basketball among the top tier of leagues would be in their best interest although if I am a C7 president I'm not sure I would want them considering the issues that football has given them historically.
admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Hoya » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:27 pm

C7 don't want either. Now if ESPN tried to coerce the new league to take UConn as part of a media rights package, I suppose there would be a remote chance.
Hoya

Postby vu97 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:28 pm

This is just one guy putting this crazy stuff out there to get people to his blog. Not happening.
vu97

Postby jsheim » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:03 pm

No UConn, No Cincy, NO FOOTBALL . <- Period
jsheim

Postby TheBasketballOpinion » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:22 am

Flyer11 wrote:Already bring refuted by a uconn official.. Don't have link but saw it on twitter. Said they would not consider splitting basketball and football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY
Georgetown
TheBasketballOpinion

Postby NJRedman » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:24 pm

Look at the posters in this thread! A who's who of never to be seen again posters including a moderator with less than 100 posts! hahahaha
NJRedman

Postby SamElliott » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:48 pm

lukecu wrote:saw this on a gtown board. don't like it.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=4719

no no no no no.

Blauds is the best.
SamElliott

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:06 pm

What a blast from the past. It’s a hoot looking back at some of the earliest posts here before anyone knew what the C7 would end up doing.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby ArmyVet » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:25 am

Cincy and Ohio State are finally concluding a two game football agreement signed 17 years ago. And the net result is that Cincinnati essentially sold the home game that Ohio State agreed to play in Cincinnati for $1.3 million dollars so it could be played in Columbus. Additionally, Ohio State agreed to play a H/H series in basketball with Cincinnati.

Tough financial times in the AAC when one of your better football programs is selling what would be the premier game on any AAC schedule for a million bucks.
ArmyVet

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:40 am

New Game - Let's play guess who said what when, on this week's edition of BEAST TALK!

First quote - "the second there is a split (between football/non-football schools), the CYO teams become at best the #6 conference. at best. I'm sorry, but this is not 1979 any more. college basketball doesn't drive the bus. It just doesn't. It's signing a death certificate. And, a split will require dissolving the conference, which will cost the cyo schools a lot of money. I easily see Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Louisville, and Notre Dame telling them that if you don't dissolve, you will never get in the ACC. Those teams have something like 11 million dollars in hoops units just for 2014...."

Second quote - "At UCONN, we strive for National Championships. I know that's a foreign concept to Memphis fans..."

Third quote - "(to an ECU fan) We were here first you go form you're own conference. Just call it CUSA. You guys are familiar with that name right?"

Bonus points for 4th quote - "BEeast should have added SLU,Wichita,Illinois State -- combined w/Marquette/Depaul for MW division"
GoldenWarrior11

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board