The Big Question

The home for Big East hoops

The Big Question

Postby DumpsterFireA10 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:29 am

Longtime listener, first time caller.

I'm a longtime SLU fan, and as you can probably tell, I hate the A-10 with a passion. I am an old Missouri Valley fan and supporter, and thought SLU should have gone there.

I am a Big East hopeful for one major reason: It validates the time wasted in the A-10. The Big East is real, legitimate major competition. The A-10 makeup as of July 1 is laughable at best. VCU is good, and SLU is probably going to be good. After that, it looks like the America East. Ms. McGlade made a move for the A-10 bringing in Butler and VCU...well that worked for about a year. The TV deal is such a joke there. They chose George Mason to replace Xavier, Butler, Temple, and Charlotte? Who's kidding who here?

I hope to join the fanbases that make up the Big East. It's a great league setup right now, and I think the Billikens can add to it. Good luck to the Big East. For those buried in the A-10, let's hope we all can find some lifeboats off that sinking ship.
Big East Basketball is what it's always been. Great competition nightly.
If the Atlantic 10 didn't suck, why is everyone looking for the exits?
There is a reason why the A-10 left a team in the Central Time Zone...SLU, your move.
DumpsterFireA10

The Big Question

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: The Big Question

Postby rove02 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:45 am

So what's the big question?
rove02

Postby DumpsterFireA10 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:48 am

rove02 wrote:So what's the big question?

Do we (SLU) have a chance, or do I get my second chance wish and the Billikens return to the Valley?
There is a reason why the A-10 left a team in the Central Time Zone...SLU, your move.
DumpsterFireA10

Postby rove02 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:59 am

I think they have more than just a "chance". I think most would consider them the favorite to be added when expansion happens.
rove02

Postby yorost » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:34 pm

rove02 wrote:I think they have more than just a "chance". I think most would consider them the favorite to be added when expansion happens.

Short of an ACC disintegration or the Plains and Rocky's vanishing, St. Louis seems widely assumed in with the debate being on #12.
yorost

Postby aughnanure » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:51 pm

SLU is the consensus #11. unfortunately, they don;t have an obvious partner to join them, so you're kind of on the waiting list until the 10 rally around option #12.

Honestly though, I don't know why we just don;t add them as #11 anyways. The Big Ten existed for a long-time as an 11-team conference.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes to make it possible”
aughnanure

Postby DumpsterFireA10 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:07 pm

aughnanure wrote:SLU is the consensus #11. unfortunately, they don;t have an obvious partner to join them, so you're kind of on the waiting list until the 10 rally around option #12.

Honestly though, I don't know why we just don;t add them as #11 anyways. The Big Ten existed for a long-time as an 11-team conference.

One year without a league isn't the end of the world. Would love to know if there's any truth to the rumors of post-season bans and such from the Dumpster Fire.
DumpsterFireA10

Return to Big East basketball message board