Good article on the importance of the NCAA tourney on VUHoops.com

Link- http://www.vuhoops.com/catholic-7-news- ... imperative
Dew

NCAA imperative for new Big East

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NCAA imperative for new Big East

Postby marquette » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:53 am

Makes sense. This is why I am in favor of growing the conference to 12 teams. 5-7 teams in the tourney every year is way better, in my opinion, than 3-6. I know for the next 5 years or so I'll be supporting the conference and all it's teams, no matter how intense rivalries become. We also need to keep an eye on non-conference games/scheduling.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby DumpsterFireA10 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:43 am

marquette wrote:Makes sense. This is why I am in favor of growing the conference to 12 teams. 5-7 teams in the tourney every year is way better, in my opinion, than 3-6. I know for the next 5 years or so I'll be supporting the conference and all it's teams, no matter how intense rivalries become. We also need to keep an eye on non-conference games/scheduling.

12 would be nice. Well, because I'm in one of the fanbases looking at 11 or 12, I'm biased.
Big East Basketball is what it's always been. Great competition nightly.
If the Atlantic 10 didn't suck, why is everyone looking for the exits?
There is a reason why the A-10 left a team in the Central Time Zone...SLU, your move.
DumpsterFireA10

Postby BillikensWin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:18 pm

DumpsterFireA10 wrote:
marquette wrote:Makes sense. This is why I am in favor of growing the conference to 12 teams. 5-7 teams in the tourney every year is way better, in my opinion, than 3-6. I know for the next 5 years or so I'll be supporting the conference and all it's teams, no matter how intense rivalries become. We also need to keep an eye on non-conference games/scheduling.

12 would be nice. Well, because I'm in one of the fanbases looking at 11 or 12, I'm biased.

Forget it dude, EXPANSION IS NOT HAPPENING.
Saint Louis University: Proud Members of the Big Atlantic Valley Conference
BillikensWin

Postby ArmyVet » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:11 pm

BillikensWin wrote:
DumpsterFireA10 wrote:

Forget it dude, EXPANSION IS NOT HAPPENING.

Not right now it's not, but it will eventually. Not soon enough for SLU fans obviously, but it will.
ArmyVet

Postby dmac80 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:23 pm

good article, and its spot on. 12 is a no brainer as long as they are quality programs, I'd say 14 but again no filler. Of course in recent history, my Friar team has been filler and needs to improve before i cast stones, but you get my point.

it is essentially a guarantee I think that they expand to 12, beyond that we'll see.
Let's Go FRIARS!
dmac80

Postby BillEsq » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Agreed 12 is most likely staying at 10 just leaves out too much potential revenue and presents and 12 allows for a more logistically operable conference.

That said Slu needs to get added fast, some of the fan base is obviously beginning to loose it, i'm going to have to go back to st. louis and slap some bill's fans back to their senses. The whole panic, woe is us thing is just unbecoming. --- Maybe i should just go out buy a red NCAA champs T-Shirt from one of my Alma-maters, enjoy a bowl of oatmeal, ask the admin to change my name to Bellesq, and wait patiently for Bellarmine to get that Lacrosse invite. :lol:
BillEsq

Return to Big East basketball message board