Creighton AD: No invite yet

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Creighton AD: No invite yet

Postby Vegas Jim » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Creighton trying to stay relevant? Perhaps! They do keep winning, but if that is offensive to some as "staying relevant," possibly they could gain respect on this board by losing for a change. Would be consistent with having nothing but idiots there.
These changes seem to bring out the best in some fans, but also the worst in others. Personally, would prefer to enjoy reading the postings here.
Vegas Jim

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ruechalgrin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Let's not forget the Creighton is very very relevant in this whole thing. In fact, they deserve to get in before Dayton if it's only 10 teams. The only reason Dayton gets in ahead of Creighton because they have big brother Xavier pulling them in. Your just starting to sound like a rude, entitled, and cocky xavier fan. Lay off...it's not a big deal.

I am a Dayton fan, but I honestly don't understand the argument that Creighton deserves to get in before Dayton, looks more like a coin-flip to me.

Last 5 year NCAA = Creighton 1 appearance with 1 Round 2; Dayton 1 appearance with 1 Round 2
Last 10 year NCAA = Creighton 4 appearances with 1 Round 2; Dayton 3 appearances with 1 Round 2
Last 30 years NCAA = Creighton 10 appearances with 3 Round 2; Dayton 7 Appearences with 3 Round 2, 1 Sweet 16, 1 Elite 8
Travel = Providence to Omahs = 1500 miles; Providence to Dayton 800 miles; Marquette to Dayton 400 miles and Marquette to Omaha 500 miles; extra 700 miles each way significant for Easr Coast members, particularly Olympic sports
TV Market = Dayton 64 and Omaha 78 - (Dayton 8th best college basketball market - I do not mean to imply 8th most households watching college - 8th in terms of percentage of households watching college basketball - http://www.basketballforum.com/atlantic ... -12-a.html
Attendance = Creighton about 15,000 a game and Dayton 12,500
National Brand Reognition = Both High Mid Majors and Not in Same League as Xavier, Butler, Georgetown, Villanova, Marquette, etc.
Academics = Comparable with Dayton #115 National Universities (for reference Marquette #83): Creighton #1 Regional University Midwest (for reference Xavier #4); Dayton slightly lower acceptance rate and bigger endowment by $150M.
Dayton is 19-9 the last 6 seasons versus BCS schools (cannot find Creighton comparison)

Does not look like Creighton deserves to get in before Dayton.

Btw, sorry for the typos, writing this on a tablet.
ruechalgrin

Postby whiteandblue77 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:25 pm

ruechalgrin wrote:
Let's not forget the Creighton is very very relevant in this whole thing. In fact, they deserve to get in before Dayton if it's only 10 teams. The only reason Dayton gets in ahead of Creighton because they have big brother Xavier pulling them in. Your just starting to sound like a rude, entitled, and cocky xavier fan. Lay off...it's not a big deal.

I am a Dayton fan, but I honestly don't understand the argument that Creighton deserves to get in before Dayton, looks more like a coin-flip to me.

Last 5 year NCAA = Creighton 1 appearance with 1 Round 2; Dayton 1 appearance with 1 Round 2
Last 10 year NCAA = Creighton 4 appearances with 1 Round 2; Dayton 3 appearances with 1 Round 2
Last 30 years NCAA = Creighton 10 appearances with 3 Round 2; Dayton 7 Appearences with 3 Round 2, 1 Sweet 16, 1 Elite 8
Travel = Providence to Omahs = 1500 miles; Providence to Dayton 800 miles; Marquette to Dayton 400 miles and Marquette to Omaha 500 miles; extra 700 miles each way significant for Easr Coast members, particularly Olympic sports
TV Market = Dayton 64 and Omaha 78 - (Dayton 8th best college basketball market - I do not mean to imply 8th most households watching college - 8th in terms of percentage of households watching college basketball - http://www.basketballforum.com/atlantic ... -12-a.html
Attendance = Creighton about 15,000 a game and Dayton 12,500
National Brand Reognition = Both High Mid Majors and Not in Same League as Xavier, Butler, Georgetown, Villanova, Marquette, etc.
Academics = Comparable with Dayton #115 National Universities (for reference Marquette #83): Creighton #1 Regional University Midwest (for reference Xavier #4); Dayton slightly lower acceptance rate and bigger endowment by $150M.
Dayton is 19-9 the last 6 seasons versus BCS schools (cannot find Creighton comparison)

Does not look like Creighton deserves to get in before Dayton.

Btw, sorry for the typos, writing this on a tablet.

Dayton and Creighton are carbon copy programs. The biggest advantages for Dayton are it's closer to the C7 and its existing fierce rivalry with X, while the advantage for Creigthon is the ability to strike a death blow to the entire MVC while tapping and even creating new markets for b-ball, and the timing... Creighton F-in ROCKS this year :D
whiteandblue77

Postby xu95 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:59 pm

You guys are totally missing the point, so lets just move on.

I actually want Creighton in the league. I am just not sure why they keep making sure they get in the news about it.

Maybe I have missed the reports, but besides the one press release by Butler's President, I haven't heard of Xavier, St. Louis, or Dayton saying anything in the press. I have heard of two reports, one by Creighton's President, and one by their AD now.

Like I said, it isn't a big deal and I don't understand why you are taking so much offense to it.
xu95

Postby FlyByNight101 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:45 pm

xu95 wrote:You guys are totally missing the point, so lets just move on.

I actually want Creighton in the league. I am just not sure why they keep making sure they get in the news about it.

Maybe I have missed the reports, but besides the one press release by Butler's President, I haven't heard of Xavier, St. Louis, or Dayton saying anything in the press. I have heard of two reports, one by Creighton's President, and one by their AD now.

Like I said, it isn't a big deal and I don't understand why you are taking so much offense to it.

I suspect is has something to do with the word 'idiot' tending to make people immediately defensive.
FlyByNight101

Postby XU85 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:03 pm

FlyByNight101 wrote:

I suspect is has something to do with the word 'idiot' tending to make people immediately defensive.

or perhaps your suggestion "You guys are totally missing the point."

It's all about entertainment and being one of the 12 the networks want. Although the comment was odd, I found it entertaining.
XU85

Postby xu95 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:27 pm

FlyByNight101 wrote:

I don't remember using idiot, but I probably did, so I am sorry, it was an unintended slip. I really want Creighton in the league.
xu95

Postby yorost » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:31 pm

What would the earliest be for an invite, anyways? Until the conference has some structure and the Big East 7 has a finalized exit strategy, could they even invite anyone? Unofficial talks, sure, but there aren't a whole lot of hard details down, are there?
yorost

Postby jsheim » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:49 pm

FlyByNight101 wrote:Just because you haven't been invited to prom, doesn't mean that they guy hasn't already told you that he will ask you as soon as he gets away from the scugly chick that he's been dating for years. ;)

Funny :lol:
jsheim

Postby whiteandblue77 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:18 pm

jsheim wrote:
FlyByNight101 wrote:Just because you haven't been invited to prom, doesn't mean that they guy hasn't already told you that he will ask you as soon as he gets away from the scugly chick that he's been dating for years. ;)

Funny :lol:

Wait, so UCONN and Cincy went from Badass Bichies to Skuglies in one month. :roll: Sooooo Sad :D Oh well, without Calhoun UCONN's going to be like Florida without Meyer and LSU without Saban :lol:
whiteandblue77

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board