Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby R Jay » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:21 pm

handdownmandown wrote:I thought it had already been decided that we are not participating next season?

Nothing has been announced yet. That will probably come in a combined press conference sometime over the summer.
As much as I would like to see us participate, I'm not going to get my hopes up. If matchups are based upon performance for this year, there's no way we will play this coming year.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby handdownmandown » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:53 pm

Mac said at one of the luncheons that we are out due to scheduling conflicts, at least that's what a friend in attendance told me shortly after the series was announced last fall.
handdownmandown

Postby R Jay » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:59 pm

handdownmandown wrote:Mac said at one of the luncheons that we are out due to scheduling conflicts, at least that's what a friend in attendance told me shortly after the series was announced last fall.

Darn. Thanks for passing that along.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:02 pm

handdownmandown wrote:Mac said at one of the luncheons that we are out due to scheduling conflicts, at least that's what a friend in attendance told me shortly after the series was announced last fall.

We can't move a meaningless buy game from the beginning of the conference calendar to make room for a Big ten team? And we know that a year in advance? Cmon that's crazy dumb if true.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby handdownmandown » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:07 pm

Two teams are out, obviously, and they are going to rotate who it is to a large degree. Taking the first year off isn't stupid if its a road game to Northwestern that we are passing on, which it would be, or something similar.
handdownmandown

Postby stever20 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:14 pm

handdownmandown wrote:Two teams are out, obviously, and they are going to rotate who it is to a large degree. Taking the first year off isn't stupid if its a road game to Northwestern that we are passing on, which it would be, or something similar.

The two that are out next year will be in 6 of 7 remaining years.
stever20

Postby handdownmandown » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:53 pm

Exactly. And since we have a 100% chance of getting an uninspiring game if we do play, I would much rather sit out now and take my chances later rather than waste a participation year now.

So I am all for CU sitting out 15-16.
handdownmandown

Postby bmorex » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:03 pm

FS1 does a lot of things right, but then they don't have a selection show today and I really question what they're doing.
bmorex

Postby MUPanther » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:57 pm

bmorex wrote:FS1 does a lot of things right, but then they don't have a selection show today and I really question what they're doing.

With ESPN and CBSSN with shows at 7pm and FS1 does have live MLS soccer on at that time. That is what Fox Sports Live is for
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby billyjack » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:13 pm

Penn hired former BC and Cornell coach Steve Donahue as the Quakers' head coach. Press conference tomorrow.
Friar fans no longer have to listen to him actively root against us while he announces our FS1 games...!
:)
Providence
billyjack

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board