Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby MUPanther » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:55 pm

Conference USA Title Game on Fox Sports 1. Saturday @3:30pm
UAB vs Middle Tennessee State
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mel ott » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:37 pm

TheBall wrote:What is better:

A). Being on espn news and espnu for no money and having jay bilas explain to everyone that his network had to relegate the big east to second tier status because it is not as good as the acc and no marketing or promotional effort

Or

B). Being the top priority on one of the major media distribution companies new venture, a perception of importance, a major marketing and pr campaign, top notch broadcasting crews, lots of money

I think Stever actually would prefer A. I don't get it, but he seems persistent that it would be better to be on espn and let them crap all over us rather than the new venture we have undertaken with fox.

Now, if I were a coach, I would think that option A would be an extremely tough sell. When your media distribution partner is telling everyone you suck, that's tough. But fox is a great sell.

Recruiting pitch A). Hey you want to be on espn news and espn u and listen to jay bilas say you suck?

Recruiting pitch B). Hey, you want every game nationally televised with some fox network games, oh yeah and check out these promotional spots with player profiles, etc...

Does anyone really think pitch A is better than pitch B?

The best thing that ever happened to the ten basketball programs in the big east was fox swooping in and saving us from negative espn propaganda and low ball payouts and lack of respect for our programs.

Fox treats the big east with respect. Espn did not. That's why it was such an easy decision. A little growing pains is worth it. We are done with espn and not looking back, and that's a good thing.

+1
mel ott

Postby BEhomer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:34 pm

TheBall wrote:What is better:

I think Stever actually would prefer A. I don't get it, but he seems persistent that it would be better to be on espn and let them crap all over us rather than the new venture we have undertaken with fox.

this is where stever loses all credibility.

there already is a league that falls in that category A and that is A10.

and yet we took the top 2 teams from that league. so apparently espn coverage is not be all end all like stever claims.
BEhomer

Postby Jet915 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:56 pm

Final product for Run DMC Promo:

Jet915

Postby admin » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:52 am

Adding this for no other reason that someone asked me on twitter for the link and watching it got me fired up again. A good two minute use of your time.

Gavitt Games promo video:

admin
Site Admin

Postby R Jay » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:56 am

admin wrote:Adding this for no other reason that someone asked me on twitter for the link and watching it got me fired up again. A good two minute use of your time.

Indeed. Since our season is done I'm already looking ahead to next year. Gavitt Games are going to be must see tv next year. Hopefully the Jays will be a part of it's first year. The Big Ten should return to normal form next season after a down year and make this a great event.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby stever20 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:04 pm

it'll be interesting to see the cross-section of Big Ten teams that are used in the 1st season. Do they go great guns, with their top 8? Or is it more balanced?
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:34 pm

admin wrote:Adding this for no other reason that someone asked me on twitter for the link and watching it got me fired up again. A good two minute use of your time.

Have this video downloaded on my phone....great promo video. Unfortunately, wouldn't surprise me to see Creighton left out next year even though I think we will be a lot better than this year.
Jet915

Postby handdownmandown » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:46 pm

I thought it had already been decided that we are not participating next season?
handdownmandown

Postby stever20 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:55 pm

the other thing that'll be interesting to see is how they split the games between Fox and ESPN.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board