Seton Hall Covid issues

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Seton Hall Covid issues

Postby Omaha1 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:22 pm

I don’t see Creighton making a huge effort to try and reschedule a road game unless there are future openings created by additional cancellations. I could be completely wrong.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:59 pm

Omaha1 wrote:I don’t see Creighton making a huge effort to try and reschedule a road game unless there are future openings created by additional cancellations. I could be completely wrong.

I could see them forced to play at DePaul for instance on Jan 13 or 17. Creighton plays on the 11th, 15th, and 19th. DePaul plays on the 11th and 19th.

And with DePaul being a winnable Q1 game, I think Creighton would be more willing to do it than you would think.
stever20

Postby Omaha1 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:52 pm

stever20 wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:I don’t see Creighton making a huge effort to try and reschedule a road game unless there are future openings created by additional cancellations. I could be completely wrong.

I could see them forced to play at DePaul for instance on Jan 13 or 17. Creighton plays on the 11th, 15th, and 19th. DePaul plays on the 11th and 19th.

And with DePaul being a winnable Q1 game, I think Creighton would be more willing to do it than you would think.

I don’t think anyone is going to force a rescheduling. And I have a feeling Mac disagrees with your sentiment.
Omaha1

Postby stever20 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:55 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
stever20 wrote:

I don’t think anyone is going to force a rescheduling. And I have a feeling Mac disagrees with your sentiment.

I think the league is going to do everything possible to get 20 games for all 11 teams. Especially if somehow these games that were cancelled are the full scope of things.

Also, not playing the game doesn't really help Creighton out. They need the wins. DePaul you figure would be probably the 3rd or 4th easiest road game in the league(behind only Georgetown, Butler, and St John's).
stever20

Postby Omaha1 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:58 pm

Stever let’s not argue. The obvious obstacle to rescheduling is that more games later in the year are almost certainly going to be canceled. No one is getting to 20 games. It’s hard to imagine the league will require makeup dates knowing that. Let’s fly kids all over unnecessarily? Doubt it.
Omaha1

Postby stever20 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:06 pm

Omaha1 wrote:Stever let’s not argue. The obvious obstacle to rescheduling is that more games later in the year are almost certainly going to be canceled. No one is getting to 20 games. It’s hard to imagine the league will require makeup dates knowing that. Let’s fly kids all over unnecessarily? Doubt it.

I think the league is going to want to do as many games as is humanly possible. Especially with the tourney possible teams which Creighton and DePaul are. I think we're going to see some weeks where teams do play 3 games in a week.
stever20

Postby Omaha1 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:00 pm

stever20 wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:Stever let’s not argue. The obvious obstacle to rescheduling is that more games later in the year are almost certainly going to be canceled. No one is getting to 20 games. It’s hard to imagine the league will require makeup dates knowing that. Let’s fly kids all over unnecessarily? Doubt it.

I think the league is going to want to do as many games as is humanly possible. Especially with the tourney possible teams which Creighton and DePaul are. I think we're going to see some weeks where teams do play 3 games in a week.

Agree to disagree. Time will tell.
Omaha1

Postby stever20 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:10 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
stever20 wrote:

Agree to disagree. Time will tell.

Yep. hopefully we're seeing darn close to 105 Big East basketball games this year. Last year we got 96 games.
stever20

Postby Hall2012 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:11 pm

If everyone follows that thinking they won't get any potentially cancelled home games rescheduled either
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby kayako » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:15 pm

stever20 wrote:Especially if somehow these games that were cancelled are the full scope of things.

This is the part I severely doubt.
supernova
kayako

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board