Conference Realignment Thread v. 2016

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Conference realignment thread v. 2016

Postby Jet915 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:24 am

Sactowndog wrote:
billyjack wrote:Just want to add... i think a benefit would be if the conference had 1 or 2 mentalcase coaches... that may help ratings .

Yeah who are you proposing. Lavin left already.

There is Marshall at Wichita :lol: ....
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Sactowndog » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:24 am

Regarding Dayton and X....

Proximity is a horrible reason to exclude a team. Think Duke Carolina.. Fans tune in to see real intensity and hate. That intensity and hate is even better when the teams are playing for something. That situation draws fans and pulls people in. If they were available Cincinnati would be my first choice by far. A game for the division championship between X and Cinci would be awesome. Millions would tune in just to see if you idiots got into another fight.

Regarding Marshall as the crazy coach. Haha. Why do you think I'm so high on Wichita State? Even here in CA we know you guys hate each other. Creighton's the rich school with Catholic connections that got in despite being in the middle of a small football crazy state. Wichita's the team with grit and determination that kicks you in the teeth periodically. Quite frankly in a time where half the country think it's rigged for the elites watching the rough and tumble kids kick the elites in the teeth is must watch television. Heck Bluejays and Shockers... even your logos contribute to the story. You can't get more rich pansy then a blue jay and more blue collar tough and gritty then a shocker.

The image of the Big East is two rich boys in a private school getting in a fight and pulling each other's hair so the don't rip their school jackets. And with that image you get a .9 rating in your Championship game even when you have the eventual national Champ playing in the game. It's exceptionally bad given the current mood of the country. I wouldn't be shocked to see your ratings fall in March and you stay behind the MWC, the AAC and the A-10
Sactowndog

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:01 pm

Sactowndog wrote:Regarding Dayton and X....

Proximity is a horrible reason to exclude a team. Think Duke Carolina.. Fans tune in to see real intensity and hate. That intensity and hate is even better when the teams are playing for something. That situation draws fans and pulls people in. If they were available Cincinnati would be my first choice by far. A game for the division championship between X and Cinci would be awesome. Millions would tune in just to see if you idiots got into another fight.

Regarding Marshall as the crazy coach. Haha. Why do you think I'm so high on Wichita State? Even here in CA we know you guys hate each other. Creighton's the rich school with Catholic connections that got in despite being in the middle of a small football crazy state. Wichita's the team with grit and determination that kicks you in the teeth periodically. Quite frankly in a time where half the country think it's rigged for the elites watching the rough and tumble kids kick the elites in the teeth is must watch television. Heck Bluejays and Shockers... even your logos contribute to the story. You can't get more rich pansy then a blue jay and more blue collar tough and gritty then a shocker.

The image of the Big East is two rich boys in a private school getting in a fight and pulling each other's hair so the don't rip their school jackets. And with that image you get a .9 rating in your Championship game even when you have the eventual national Champ playing in the game. It's exceptionally bad given the current mood of the country. I wouldn't be shocked to see your ratings fall in March and you stay behind the MWC, the AAC and the A-10

That is the dumbest take I have read yet. You really think people care whether a school is private or public? People want to watch good basketball. Ratings will improve as The Big East gets better and FS1 grows.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Sactowndog » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:04 pm

DudeAnon wrote:

That is the dumbest take I have read yet. You really think people care whether a school is private or public? People want to watch good basketball. Ratings will improve as The Big East gets better and FS1 grows.

No I think people want to watch real intensity and dislike. But instead as put so eloquently by another poster:

RFC wrote:What I love the most about this conference unlike all the other conferences in the county, is we actually like each other. (mostly) I root for all Big East teams in the non conference and follow them pretty well. Yeah when we face each other we want to kick each other's butts like a brother rivalry. The Big East will remain on notice for everybody, the league is full of great players, great coaches, alot of respect. Let's continue to make each other's programs better. We aint afraid of those football conferences.
Sactowndog

Postby TAMU Eagle » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:38 pm

I continue to say that UConn is the only team we will expand for in the foreseeable future. Take them, do a double round robin with 11 teams, drop two cupcakes a year. The conference gets better, FS1 gets better, UConn gets better. Everyone wins....except UConn football. Think the tide is slowly turning at UConn.
TAMU Eagle

Postby bmorex » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:48 pm

lol wut
bmorex

Postby bluejayfanatic » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:55 pm

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time, reading WuShock's, excuse me, "Sactowndog's", posts. Obviously a Wichiturd troll. And an uninformed one at that, given his implication that Wichiturd "kicked Creighton in the teeth" when the Jays were still in the MVC. Check the head-to-head, troll, even in the last few years before Creighton left for the Big East. I will admit, I do miss Shucker tears.
bluejayfanatic

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:42 pm

I'm all for expansion, as noted in this thread and others. Just don't want any public schools in the mix. They don't fit into the leagues' current configuration.

I am not a mindreader, so don't know what the President's of the universities have as their criteria for any potential future expansion candidates? Their list is probably a short one.

I want the Zags out west and Duke out east...so I will wait on the next football 5 raid to shake out a few candidate schools.
;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Sactowndog » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:47 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:I'm all for expansion, as noted in this thread and others. Just don't want any public schools in the mix. They don't fit into the leagues' current configuration.

I am not a mindreader, so don't know what the President's of the universities have as their criteria for any potential future expansion candidates? Their list is probably a short one.

I want the Zags out west and Duke out east...so I will wait on the next football 5 raid to shake out a few candidate schools.
;)

Well the funny thing is when you look at top rivals many are public schools:
* Xavier many say Cinci but curious who those on this board would say
* Marquette fans talk about Wisconsin
* Providence talks about UConn
* Creighton has no rival but WS
Sactowndog

Postby JohnW22 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:02 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:I'm all for expansion, as noted in this thread and others. Just don't want any public schools in the mix. They don't fit into the leagues' current configuration.

;)

Well the funny thing is when you look at top rivals many are public schools:
* Xavier many say Cinci but curious who those on this board would say
* Marquette fans talk about Wisconsin
* Providence talks about UConn
* Creighton has no rival but WS

I don't care what many on this board would say...there's nobody that's even as close to a rival for Xavier as Cincinnati. Saying anybody other than Cincinnati is Xavier's rival would be a crazy claim. Who would even come up close to Cincinnati...Dayton???
XU
JohnW22

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board