Hearing done deal

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Hearing done deal

Postby dmac80 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:56 am

butler86 wrote:Butler does not serve beer. In my opinion. beer should not be served at college sporting events. Yell whatever you want at the pros, but there is no need to get some drunk idiot yelling inappropriate comments to the visiting players during a college game. I will admit though it may make it easier to deal with some of the officiating if a few beverages have been consumed.

I've been to lots of college events where beer was served, most of the time the crowd is fine, and people are going to yell whether or not beer is served. I think it's silly not to serve beer because a few people might act up. How about this, punish the idiots who act up, not the 99% of fans who will behave and know how to handle a beer or 2 at a game.
Let's Go FRIARS!
dmac80

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PorkTornado » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:13 am

Not serving beer just causes people to drink way too much before the game because they can't get it at the stadium. Causes more problems than it solves.
PorkTornado

Postby flyerlax06 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:16 am

You can definitely get a beer at the Dunk. It is almost MSG prices though.

Providence College '10
flyerlax06

Postby Vegas Jim » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Think Creighton averages 17, 000 per game at home and, in its new state of the art arena, it serves beer. Hear it's a big hit with their happy fans.
Perhaps the new League could appoint Bloomberg as the food & drink consultant to assure healthy fan participation at these events.
He could get the fat out of the menus, beer out of the arena, and sweet drinks in big cups rendered verboten.
Vegas Jim

Postby EMT » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:58 pm

Bump
EMT

Postby pitchersduel » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:49 pm

hey all,

been lurking the boards awhile...finally registered.

posting to see if EMT, or bostonfriar can reassure us flyer fans that 2014 is indeed still on for us flyers to join the BE.

a lot of talk in the past week and a half or so about a push for richmond. has dayton and possibly SLU fans nervous.

can either of you reassure/confirm it is still SLU/dayton in '14 or are you now hearing differently?
pitchersduel

Postby DawgLover » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:32 am

If, as we seem to be hearing, an announcement is expected to come Wednesday or Thursday this week, shouldn't we start to be getting word that the Big East has called a news conference? Anything on that yet?
DawgLover

Postby BillEsq » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:24 am

DawgLover wrote:If, as we seem to be hearing, an announcement is expected to come Wednesday or Thursday this week, shouldn't we start to be getting word that the Big East has called a news conference? Anything on that yet?

My guess is that if anything we will get the commissioners name this week- set him up for interviews throughout the tournament... the teams will likely be announced after the final four. (like in the original rumors) just think of it... 63 games of.... "Mr. Commissioner what teams will the Big east be inviting into the conference?" with the answer of "The Big East teams are really excited about next year and look forward to playing a high level of basketball against similar quality institutions next year, I think it will be exciting and good for basketball... next question".
BillEsq

Postby DawgLover » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:38 am

Chicago Tribune is reporting that Creighton's move to the Big East will become official tomorrow or Thursday, and the Indianapolis Star last week reported a similar timetable for Butler. BillEsq, are you assuming that they are mistaken?
Last edited by DawgLover on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
DawgLover

Postby BillEsq » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:46 am

DawgLover wrote:Chicago Tribune is reporting that Creighton's move to the Big East will be come official tomorrow or Thursday, and the Indianapolis Star last week reported a similar timetable for Butler. BillEsq, are you assuming that they are mistaken?

Why not everyone else has been mistaken so far. At this point i'll believe it when i see it, I'm not saying it will happen I'm not saying it won't.
BillEsq

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board