Out of Conference games for next yr

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Out of Conference games for next yr

Postby stever20 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:14 pm

Charleston Classic-
Seton Hall plays Long Beach St first round, then Virginia. Then would see likely either Ole Miss or Oklahoma St.

sneaky type first round game though. can't lose that because then Bradley and then either George Mason or Towson.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby milksteak » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:50 pm

FriarJ wrote:PC gets Evansville(very good team) in the 1st round of the Wooden Classic, they follow that with Arizona and then either Michigan State (hopefully) or BC, which would mean we would play them twice this year.

We've always struggled against Marty "Buffet" Simmons' Purple Aces. Please beat those chumps.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby billyjack » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:20 am

The Friars non-conference schedule for 2015-2016:
Sat Nov 14 - vs Harvard.
Wed Nov 18 - vs Illinois.
Sat Nov 21 - vs Brown.
Mon Nov 23 - vs NJIT.
then the Wooden Classic, vs Evansville, Arizona, Michigan State/ Boston College.
Wed Dec 2 - vs Hartford.
Sat Dec 5 - at Rhode Island.
Wed Dec 9 - vs Boston College.
Sat Dec 12 - vs Bryant.
Sat Dec 19 - vs Rider.
Mon Dec 21 - at UMass.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:26 am

billyjack wrote:The Friars non-conference schedule for 2015-2016:
Sat Nov 14 - vs Harvard.
Sat Nov 21 - vs Brown.
Mon Nov 23 - vs NJIT.
then the Wooden Classic, vs Evansville, Arizona, Michigan State/ Boston College.
Wed Dec 2 - vs Hartford.
Sat Dec 12 - vs Bryant.
Sat Dec 19 - vs Rider.
Mon Dec 21 - at UMass.

Overall, not the toughest schedule- but it's tougher much earlier. Harvard, Illinois as your first 2 games won't be easy. Then after a few easier games, Arizona. Kind of interesting with the group that you guys have coming back.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:13 pm

Sat Nov 14 - vs Harvard.
Sat Nov 21 - vs Brown.
Mon Nov 23 - vs NJIT.
Wed Dec 2 - vs Hartford.
Sat Dec 12 - vs Bryant.
Sat Dec 19 - vs Rider.
Mon Dec 21 - at UMass.

Hopefully no more than 2 losses (Arizona, URI).
Jet915

Postby ChelseaFriar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:14 pm

FriarJ wrote:PC gets Evansville(very good team) in the 1st round of the Wooden Classic, they follow that with Arizona and then either Michigan State (hopefully) or BC, which would mean we would play them twice this year.

I was under the impression that we can't play BC twice and that the scheduled BC game at The Dunk was a home game as part of the Wooden Classic. I thought our BC contract expired and that they would likely renew next year (they didn't renew this year due to Wooden).
ChelseaFriar

Postby billyjack » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:23 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Sat Nov 14 - vs Harvard.
Sat Nov 21 - vs Brown.
Mon Nov 23 - vs NJIT.
Wed Dec 2 - vs Hartford.
Sat Dec 12 - vs Bryant.
Sat Dec 19 - vs Rider.
Mon Dec 21 - at UMass.

Hopefully no more than 2 losses (Arizona, URI).

I think i could live with that (2 losses), even though URI fans would break my stones all winter.
Providence
billyjack

Postby FriarJ » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:00 am

ChelseaFriar wrote:

I was under the impression that we can't play BC twice and that the scheduled BC game at The Dunk was a home game as part of the Wooden Classic. I thought our BC contract expired and that they would likely renew next year (they didn't renew this year due to Wooden).

You were under the wrong impression, our game against BC has zero to do with the wooden classic, which is a bracketed tournament. Winners/losers brackets. We lose our game against Evansville and we are almost guaranteed of playing them twice in 2 weeks.
FriarJ

Postby stever20 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:10 pm

Just saw the Puerto Rico tourney announced pairings....

Butler plays Missouri St- other part of their bracket has Minnesota/Temple

on the other half of the bracket is Utah/Texas Tech and Miss St/Miami

pretty tough bracket quite frankly.
stever20

Postby wildjays » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:55 pm

FriarJ wrote:
ChelseaFriar wrote:

You were under the wrong impression, our game against BC has zero to do with the wooden classic, which is a bracketed tournament. Winners/losers brackets. We lose our game against Evansville and we are almost guaranteed of playing them twice in 2 weeks.

The BC game IS part of the Wooden Classic as a non-bracketed game. The exempt tourneys you can play up to 4 games. In the bracketed tournaments that is only 3 games. The teams in the tournament have the option to schedule one additional game as long as it is played within a certain time before or after the bracketed games. In a lot of cases for these games to get scheduled it is agreed on by the teams to be the start of a H/H series.

Marquette and Arizona St. Did that a couple years ago as a part of the Wooden and I think DePaul and George Washington did that as part of one of their tourneys a couple years ago.

If this wasn't set up as the non-bracketed game of the Wooden, Providence wouldn't have had an open game to play this one.
wildjays

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board