2022 Big East Tourney Thread- Championship @6pm

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2022 Big East Tourney Thread

Postby stever20 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:23 am

so a possible change that is pretty interesting...

always before playing the BET, for St John's been considered a home game since it's at MSG for the RPI and NET.

At least for yesterday looking at the DePaul team sheet, looking like it was considered neutral. St John's is 67 in the NET now, and it's listed for DePaul as a Q2 game right now instead of a Q1 game.

Weird. Makes it for instance tonight where for Nova it's a Q2 game instead of a Q1 game.

Probably the right call but definitely notable.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby redmen9194 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:26 am

Tonight at Barclays is Notre Dame vs. Virginia Tech at 7:00 and UNC vs. Virgina at 9:00

Tonight at The Garden is St. John's vs. Villinova at 7:00 and Seton Hall vs. UConn at 9:00

If it sounds loud at Barclays, it's only because you'll be able to hear the absolute bedlam coming from the Garden. Tickets on teh secondary market for Cuse / Duke at noon today going for as low as $6.00 on StubHub - and Cuse was supposedly the draw to bring the ACC to the City. Outstanding. Big East Tourney is still the greatest conference tourny.
redmen9194

Postby mel ott » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:49 am

redmen9194 wrote:Tonight at Barclays is Notre Dame vs. Virginia Tech at 7:00 and UNC vs. Virgina at 9:00

Tonight at The Garden is St. John's vs. Villinova at 7:00 and Seton Hall vs. UConn at 9:00

If it sounds loud at Barclays, it's only because you'll be able to hear the absolute bedlam coming from the Garden. Tickets on teh secondary market for Cuse / Duke at noon today going for as low as $6.00 on StubHub - and Cuse was supposedly the draw to bring the ACC to the City. Outstanding. Big East Tourney is still the greatest conference tourny.

+1. asked before is it possible to get a like button at the end of a quote so we don't have to reread a quote and more people will be active on the board? I asked that in a different admin format months ago. Not complaining, it just would be a nice feature to have if possible.
mel ott

Postby redmen9194 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:54 am

Big East attendance for yesterday - 17,163 (87% of capacity)

ACC attendance for yesterday - 8,174 (46% of capacity even with Syracuse playing)

Remember when the ACC was going to move the Big East Tourny out of New York?
redmen9194

Postby MUPanther » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:27 am

redmen9194 wrote:Big East attendance for yesterday - 17,163 (87% of capacity)

ACC attendance for yesterday - 8,174 (46% of capacity even with Syracuse playing)

First round for the ACC- 6,222

Yesterday's day session didn't list the attendance numbers. That was the session that had Syracuse. Just the night session attendance numbers were reported. Clemson/VT & Louisville/Virginia. Weird.

To repeat. Both quarterfinals sessions are sold out at MSG. The night session on the secondary market is a high price ticket.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby billyjack » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:37 am

My wife and UVM son took the train down yesterday and are going today. They spotted a Creighton fan in the wild. I told them to apologize for Friartown about those fans who were mean to Gtmo.

I have to work this week, so they're partying while i'm in the salt mine.
Providence
billyjack

Postby redmen9194 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:52 am

MUPanther wrote:
redmen9194 wrote:Big East attendance for yesterday - 17,163 (87% of capacity)

First round for the ACC- 6,222

Yesterday's day session didn't list the attendance numbers. That was the session that had Syracuse. Just the night session attendance numbers were reported. Clemson/VT & Louisville/Virginia. Weird.

To repeat. Both quarterfinals sessions are sold out at MSG. The night session on the secondary market is a high price ticket.

They list the total in the box score for the last game of the day. So the Barclays number is the maximum that was there for any of the games during the entire day.
redmen9194

Re: 2022 Big East Tourney Thread- Sold Out Quarterfinals tod

Postby butlerguy03 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:31 am

Xavier has had it tough against Butler the last 4 years. Darn. Luko said "bubble popped" last night.

Looking for a good performance against Providence. If Chucky is feeling it, Butler is whole different team. Notice how little the offense went through Aaron Thompson yesterday - the ball movement was better. Yesterday was the team that everyone in the Big East expected this year.

Also, Luko not on the all-freshmen team is dumb. I called it that day. It's still a bad call. Taylor has drifted off a little toward the end of the year, but those two + Harris is a good start for the future. Golden will be back next year, but other than that, Butler needs transfers. Hopefully being THE game at that national time slot yesterday has a few former recruits (ahem, Nijel Pack) looking at the Dawgs.

edit: pleasantly surprised at how well Miles Tate handled that OT pressure.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby billyjack » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:48 am

butlerguy03 wrote:Xavier has had it tough against Butler the last 4 years. Darn. Luko said "bubble popped" last night.

Looking for a good performance against Providence. If Chucky is feeling it, Butler is whole different team. Notice how little the offense went through Aaron Thompson yesterday - the ball movement was better. Yesterday was the team that everyone in the Big East expected this year.

Also, Luko not on the all-freshmen team is dumb. I called it that day. It's still a bad call. Taylor has drifted off a little toward the end of the year, but those two + Harris is a good start for the future. Golden will be back next year, but other than that, Butler needs transfers. Hopefully being THE game at that national time slot yesterday has a few former recruits (ahem, Nijel Pack) looking at the Dawgs.

edit: pleasantly surprised at how well Miles Tate handled that OT pressure.

Hodges scares me too.
Providence
billyjack

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:56 am

It’s a big ask for CU to beat Marquette a third time.

My picks:
PC
Marquette
St. John’s
UConn
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board