Hearing done deal

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Hearing done deal

Postby QueRico » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:19 pm

When Seton Hall played @ the Izod Arena there was no alcohol. The Meadowlands complex had a no alcohol @ college events policy.
@ The Rock there are full bars, although no alcohol can be served before noon on Sundays & there's a weird rule about not bringing liquor or wine back to your seats.
I DREAM about when a beer only cost $7! :lol:
Maybe that'll be the biggest culture shock for fans who haven't been to a game in NJ/NY before.
QueRico

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ljay » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:01 pm

Went to a Knicks game at MSG WAY back in the 80's. The two memories that I have from it are the crowd lustily booing the National anthem and the pot that the folks around me were smoking pretty much the entire game. :lol:
ljay

Postby Masterofreality » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Xavier sells beer.....and plenty of it!

Zinzinnati.....Nice German town.
Masterofreality

Postby BillikensWin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:19 pm

St. Louis serves beer.

There were times when we had to just to make some games watchable.
Saint Louis University: Proud Members of the Big Atlantic Valley Conference
BillikensWin

Postby DeltaV » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:16 pm

Villanova does not serve beer in the Pavilion, but you can get beer (and if you know where to look, good local beer; Victory at least, maybe 60?) at the Wells Fargo center.
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Postby butler86 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Butler does not serve beer. In my opinion. beer should not be served at college sporting events. Yell whatever you want at the pros, but there is no need to get some drunk idiot yelling inappropriate comments to the visiting players during a college game. I will admit though it may make it easier to deal with some of the officiating if a few beverages have been consumed.
butler86

Postby yorost » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:06 pm

It doesn't take alcohol for people to be inappropriate (at sporting events). Having a beer is not something that's going to noticeably change most people's demeanor. Rather than ban alcohol you could just give sloshed fans the boot.
yorost

Postby QueRico » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:59 pm

ljay wrote:Went to a Knicks game at MSG WAY back in the 80's. The two memories that I have from it are the crowd lustily booing the National anthem and the pot that the folks around me were smoking pretty much the entire game. :lol:

Ha Ha! Things are a lot different @ MSG (& throughout Manhattan) ever since Rudy G. was mayor!
Unfortunately, having booze @ The Rock has been little solace for what the Hall has been bringing this year.
This conference better get settled before the Pirates manage to play their way out of it. :?
QueRico

Postby hoch21 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:16 pm

Beer and UD go hand in hand. How else do you watch a promising year go straight south year after year;)
hoch21

Postby yorost » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:23 pm

Face south.
yorost

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board