Top 144

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Top 144

Postby jaxalum » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:21 pm

Chief Wiggum wrote:Yes, clearly Creighton fans have zero animosity towards Nebraska. That's evident by this thread. You guys are getting all worked up and I'm not even a Nebraska fan! :lol:

Dude, what's so funny? I, a Xavier fan, commented on a Creighton fans post, and I, out of pure curiosity, asked if they wouldn't mind delving deeper and providing me a little more information/background on the level, history, and reasoning behind the in state rivalry with Nebraska, of which, for obvious reasons(new conference, different part of the country), I have very little knowledge of. Creighton is a conference mate and I'm interested in their past and present history.

Sure...you're not a Nebraska fan. Probably an IQ deficient wanker, but definitely NOT a Nebraska fan. Whatever.......
Xavier
jaxalum

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Chief Wiggum » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:43 pm

jaxalum wrote:
Chief Wiggum wrote:Yes, clearly Creighton fans have zero animosity towards Nebraska. That's evident by this thread. You guys are getting all worked up and I'm not even a Nebraska fan! :lol:

Dude, what's so funny? I, a Xavier fan, commented on a Creighton fans post, and I, out of pure curiosity, asked if they wouldn't mind delving deeper and providing me a little more information/background on the level, history, and reasoning behind the in state rivalry with Nebraska, of which, for obvious reasons(new conference, different part of the country), I have very little knowledge of. Creighton is a conference mate and I'm interested in their past and present history.

Sure...you're not a Nebraska fan. Probably an IQ deficient wanker, but definitely NOT a Nebraska fan. Whatever.......

What's funny is that we probably have the same viewpoint on Nebraska athletics. Yet, because I currently live in Omaha and dislike how delusional their fanbase is I'm automatically a Nebraska fan. Or I forgot...maybe a Shocker fan? Such is life for a paranoid fanbase.
Chief Wiggum

Postby mel ott » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:06 pm

We are just educating our Big East friends about the environment in the state and some of the history. Again, we don't need local coverage every day- we have a national conference and a better program. Move on.
mel ott

Postby Hoopfan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:07 pm

jaxalum wrote:

After reading all the post on CU and Nebraska it sounds like little brother type of stuff to me
Hoopfan

Postby stever20 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:13 pm

hey Nebraska fans, don't you have a Hail Mary to worry about defending?
stever20

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:56 am

On behalf of CU fans, let me apologize for bringing such a lame rival to the league (and the board). Nebraska is absolutely pathetic, should give up the sport.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:37 am

jaxalum wrote:
I've heard snippets here and there from Creighton fans concerning your instate rivals, the Cornhuskers.

As a Xavier fan, the situation seems eerily similar to our "relationship" with Univ. of Cincy. Public vs Private, large vs small enrollment, etc.

Comparing Nebraska college basketball to Ohio college basketball is a bit of an 'apples & oranges' situation.

Final 2014-15 RPI Rankings

# 28 - Xavier
# 29 - Dayton
# 36 - Cincinnati
# 38 - Ohio State

# 155 - Nebraska
# 157 - Creighton

... but it was interesting reading the exchanges.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:13 am

Fieldhouse Flyer wrote:
jaxalum wrote:
I've heard snippets here and there from Creighton fans concerning your instate rivals, the Cornhuskers.

As a Xavier fan, the situation seems eerily similar to our "relationship" with Univ. of Cincy. Public vs Private, large vs small enrollment, etc.

Comparing Nebraska college basketball to Ohio college basketball is a bit of an 'apples & oranges' situation.

Final 2014-15 RPI Rankings

# 28 - Xavier
# 29 - Dayton
# 36 - Cincinnati
# 38 - Ohio State

# 155 - Nebraska
# 157 - Creighton

... but it was interesting reading the exchanges.

Ignoring the irrelevant teams included in your comparison.

Its apple and oranges because XU, UC and Creighton are all great BBall schools whereas Nebraska is just trash.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby billyjack » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:17 am

Wow, NU basketball, they have as many NCAA tourney wins as Salve Regina... going way back, I lost a bet by taking Nebraska to win the 1984 Orange Bowl... great game, gutsy call, but missed the 2-point conversion... threw to Irving Fryar, the Patriots' #1 draft pick that year... Fryar scored our only touchdown in the 46-10 Super Bowl blowout vs the Bears...

...anyway, by losing the bet I had to buy a classmate hot lunch for a full week... if I were to guess, I'd say Monday I think was mashed potatoes with hamburger crumpled on top with brown gravy... Tuesday maybe Salisbury steak... Wednesday was probably ziti with meatballs... Thursday was maybe a chicken sandwich with peas on the side... Friday most likely was pizza, basically rectangular white bread with a ketchup-like gravy on top... always wondered why the school didn't just order a bunch of pizzas from DePetrillo's... luckily hot lunch back then was only maybe 75 cents, but it still made me delay the purchase of a cassette of "Synchronicity" that I had wanted to get since the previous summer...
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:08 pm

down to #58 now. Syracuse(which is interesting!)

right now they have 20 NCAA tourney schools in. So 48 to go. Syracuse at #58 would be the 10th team out.

Got left-
ACC- 8- last team Syracuse #58
B10 8- last team Illinois #73
P12 7- last team Stanford #78
B12 6- last team Oklahoma St #65
SEC 6- last team Arkansas #71
BE- 5- last team Seton Hall #60
A10 5- last team VCU #69
AAC 4- last team UConn #66
MVC 3- last team Evansville #72
WCC 2- last team Pepperdine #91
MWC 2- last team Utah St #64