More Realignment on the Way?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: More Realignment on the Way?

Postby DanofXav76 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:23 pm

billyjack wrote:Couple of things... nothing new, just repeating from many posts over the years...

[EDITED FOR BREVITY]

- CNN was an unstoppable force 15 years ago.
- ESPN and FS1 have the same production quality.
- FS1 viewership has steadily increased.
- Viewers know ESPN is biased.
- NJRedman... chill with the abrasive language brother... a little more Boo Harvey and a little less Jayson Williams...
- Bill Marsh is one of my favorite posters here.

Plus Bill was a class mate of our favorite HC Pete Gillen! :D
DanofXav76

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby marquette » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:26 pm

I generally picture real life stever as a guy flipping burgers at Culver's while shouting at fellow employees that McDonald's food is better because they have wider distribution. Although that would mean stever would have to get off the internet for 8 hours a day, so we can rule that out.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby RxJay » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:44 pm

Would Stever ever go to the BET? I would love to meet him, I have no idea what I would expect. He would be easy to spot, he would be wearing some sort AAC gear or maybe A10 gear.
Creighton 70
RxJay

Postby marquette » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:11 pm

RxJay wrote:Would Stever ever go to the BET? I would love to meet him, I have no idea what I would expect. He would be easy to spot, he would be wearing some sort AAC gear or maybe A10 gear.

Dude decked out in SMU gear, you can't miss him.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Omaha1 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:14 pm

marquette wrote:
RxJay wrote:Would Stever ever go to the BET? I would love to meet him, I have no idea what I would expect. He would be easy to spot, he would be wearing some sort AAC gear or maybe A10 gear.

Dude decked out in SMU gear, you can't miss him.

I think he's just pissed Tulsa didn't get their chance in the Big East. I see him looking like Captain Cane.

Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby robinreed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:20 pm

DanofXav76 wrote:
billyjack wrote:Couple of things... nothing new, just repeating from many posts over the years...

[EDITED FOR BREVITY]

- NJRedman... chill with the abrasive language brother... a little more Boo Harvey and a little less Jayson Williams...

Plus Bill was a class mate of our favorite HC Pete Gillen! :D

IS THIS TRUE? DID BILL MARSH GO TO COLLEGE WITH PETE? Pete Gillen was the guy more than anyone who put X on the map in basketball. There were several good coaches after Pete and one or two before him but none did more with less (at the start) than Gillen.

Bill have you ever written about Pete on this site. I would appreciate your doing so if the opportunity ever avails itself. Of course this could be an inside joke by DanofXav but if it is true I would enjoy reading anything you have to say on Gillen.
robinreed

Postby DanofXav76 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:10 pm

It's no joke. It's been over a year but I'm sure Bill mentioned this once. Pete's as good a person as he was a coach during his 9 (7 NCAA, 1 NIT) wonderful seasons at Xavier.
DanofXav76

Postby gosports1 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:56 pm

FS1 needs more time to build the brand. I seem to remember when the FOX network first started their ratings werent the best. They basically built their network around one night. Sunday and their go to show was the Simpsons. I also remember that at first the BIG 3 didnt even want to call FOX a network and look at them now
gosports1

Postby stever20 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:42 pm

[EDITED FOR BREVITY]

The CNN comparison isn't all that relevant. You don't need to have a contract to air a live press conference. You do need a contract to air live sports. HUGE difference there. The fact is that there aren't that many more properties out there to get. Fox absolutely needs to get more stuff. Big Ten is crucial- but with how little they air on ESPN right now, I really question whether that is enough to make the difference.
stever20

Postby Steve Lavin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:34 am

FS1 will never outdo ESPN. Let's just put that to sleep right now. But who says they can't be a very solid sports channel? The viewers will come…it's a BRAND NEW channel. It hasn't had a chance to become household language yet. Who cares anyway? As long as they keep giving us money, we keep getting to watch our teams, and the conference continues to succeed, who cares about the others?
Steve Lavin

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board