Hearing done deal

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Hearing done deal

Postby Edrick » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:52 am

I dont think you will see anything about invites until after the Tournament. But the three teams that will be added to the conference already are aware of the situation.

Look who was credentialed at the Xavier/Butler game.... http://bit.ly/ZDAxdu
Edrick

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby dmac80 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:35 am

it kind of deserves its own thread, but my guess is that no announcements until at least after the A-10 tourney, and perhaps after the NCAA, however I hope they announce after selection Sunday in those couple of days around the first 4 but before the opening round of 32 games, when everyone is thinking about college BB and salivating for anything related to it. Perfect dead time in those couple of days to announce. However they might want to wait til after NCAA for respect or something for the teams still playing not to distract them.
Let's Go FRIARS!
dmac80

Postby DawgLover » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:46 am

Could be right about the "distraction" thing, although I'm not sure that all of the speculation isn't at least as distracting as an official announcement would be.

For example, Butler hosted Xavier on Saturday and in the Senior Night comments to the crowd by Coach Stevens after the game, he made reference to the great games Butler and Xavier have had over the years and he said something about looking forward to future games with them. There were a lot of "knowing" smiles and comments about this being some kind of a reference to both moving to the Big East (even though that's not what he said).

Fans are talking about it. Certainly players are talking about it among themselves, and it's surely the same for coaches and administrators. It's tough to imagine that it would be any more distracting to just announce it than it is to have all of this speculation.
DawgLover

Postby Edrick » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:01 pm

Whats the difference for either Xavier or Butler? Both have known they are joining since December.
Edrick

Postby PMThor » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:11 pm

Wait, wait WAIT. Are there ANY teams in the C7 that DON'T serve beer at the games? Because if there are, they need to be reconsidered for the Big East.
Always remember that you are unique; just like everyone else
PMThor

Postby Flyer11 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:14 pm

PMThor wrote:Wait, wait WAIT. Are there ANY teams in the C7 that DON'T serve beer at the games? Because if there are, they need to be reconsidered for the Big East.

I am pretty sure that Dayton and Xavier are in the very small % (under 5%?) that serves beer at their arenas. Maybe I am wrong (and trust me, I hope I am!!).

Flyer11
Flyer11

Postby pki1998 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:25 pm

Flyer11 wrote:
PMThor wrote:Wait, wait WAIT. Are there ANY teams in the C7 that DON'T serve beer at the games? Because if there are, they need to be reconsidered for the Big East.

I am pretty sure that Dayton and Xavier are in the very small % (under 5%?) that serves beer at their arenas. Maybe I am wrong (and trust me, I hope I am!!).

Flyer11

Flyer11 is right. Serving beer at games is rare, even more so at Schools with on campus arenas

Here is an article on about beer at college football games
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/07/1 ... -stadiums/

Here is an article on some college basketaball teams with beer sales
http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/m ... 12aa6.html
Xavier
pki1998

Postby MUSeashells&Balloons » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Brew city based Marquette definitely serves beer at the games at the Bradley Center unfortunately they are like $7. Even the women's games which are on campus(not a dry campus).
Coach Al Mcguire:
"I like seashells and balloons, ribbons and medals, bare feet and wet grass."
"When I'm losing, they call me nuts. When I'm winning, they call me eccentric."
"Queen of victory, pray for us."
MUSeashells&Balloons

Postby ljay » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:35 pm

HA! Creighton serves beer, wine, mixed drinks. Beer includes typical Bud et al, micro brews, International beers and even has a small "beer cart" near an entrance titled The Crappy Beer Cart. You can get, PBR, Busch, Schlitz, Falstaff...... :lol:
ljay

Postby Edrick » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:07 pm

More of less anyone with a leased/off campus arena sells beer.
Edrick

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board