Wed Jan 7th (2 Games) - Seton-Xavier, DePaul-Creighton.

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Wed Jan 7th (2 Games) - Seton-Xavier, DePaul-Creighton.

Postby DemonLS » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:21 am

XUFan09 wrote:
billyjack wrote:
DemonLS wrote:So which one of you boys said that Forrest Robinson should not be shooting 3s? I did share that he is DePaul's best outside shooter.

That was me Demon... Nice game, but Robinson (from three) was 3 for 15 in Hawaii, and 4-for-23 over a 6 game disaster stretch... plus he's a human fouling machine... season highlight includes, in the 3-point Loyola Marymount loss, going 1-for-6 from three, 1-for-9 total from the field, and fouling out... not sure getting hot for one half makes up for December...

Robinson shot 40.7% from 3 last year and 14-30 (46.7%) in the first part of the season before that six-game stretch. He was in a slump, but definitely someone who should keep shooting the ball.

Check again.....and thank you for showing these stats.
DemonLS

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby FlyJays » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:41 am

DePaul is much improved, and they are a dangerous team when they roll out the lineup with 5 shooters. It'll be interesting to watch them vs. Nova.

However, as a Creighton fan, I've come to grips with the fact that we are just bad. There is nothing about this team right now that leads me to believe we can win more than 2 or 3 games in conference. Poor defense. Poor shooting. Not a good combo.
FlyJays

Postby R Jay » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:54 am

stever20 wrote:
R Jay wrote:There's no way we're going to any postseason tournament this year. At this point we need to play the guys who will be here next year (Gilmore, Hanson, Milliken, Groselle, Zierden, Hegner, and even Clement) as much as possible. The seniors should lose the right to finish the year - they've failed to step up.
At least the Big East will have one doormat this year.

just looking at the schedule for Creighton.

If they don't win one of the next 3- home vs Seton Hall, @ Marquette, home vs Providence- Creighton could have a real long losing streak. Their games after that- @ Butler, @ Villanova, St John's, Georgetown, @ Xavier, and @ St John's. They could be on a 13 game losing streak heading into a home game with Marquette.

Cool. Thanks for letting me know, dude. I totally didn't know our schedule.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby mpwalsh8 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:10 am

FlyJays wrote:DePaul is much improved, and they are a dangerous team when they roll out the lineup with 5 shooters. It'll be interesting to watch them vs. Nova.

However, as a Creighton fan, I've come to grips with the fact that we are just bad. There is nothing about this team right now that leads me to believe we can win more than 2 or 3 games in conference. Poor defense. Poor shooting. Not a good combo.

Villanova had a similar season in 2011-2012. It was a long basketball season knowing there wasn't a lot to look forward to. Fortunately Villanova's time in the cellar of the BigEast standings was short lived. It was painful at the time but I think VU basketball is much stronger having had that awful season.
mpwalsh8

Postby Chief Wiggum » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:50 pm

So R Jay I take it you will take back what you said in the preseason? Quotes below. Many saw this coming from a mile away. But boy, you quickly turned on your team. It's going to be a tough road for the Jays. Talent level needs a major upgrade even with the incoming transfers....and they are at a disadvantage in regards to recruiting thanks to their location compared to most other Big East schools. Consider me dumbfounded...at the Jays lack of talent.

"Are Big East fans always this ignorant? It appears quite a bit of people in Milwaukee, Chicago, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, New York, and Providence will be dumbfounded this year."
Chief Wiggum

Postby R Jay » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:13 pm

Go back to your Wichita board, troll. P.S. Hope you're enjoying your trips to Carbondale, Terre Haute, and Evansville.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board