(5) Saturday Big East Games 12/18/21

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (5) Saturday Big East Games 12/18/21

Postby kayako » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:00 pm

ecasadoSBU wrote:
kayako wrote:It's been a good OOC, but we did not finish well. Who knows if new games get scheduled down the road.

Its okay. Second to B12

Average NET is behind Big Ten now.
supernova
kayako

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby billyjack » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:30 pm

Couple of quick nuggets:

1. I love Dickie Simpkins. Because he's a Friar. And because he is positive and has fun while announcing, and loves basketball... some oyther announcers put me to sleep (Spanarkel) or are wet blankets (Bilas).

2. I forgot what my second point was...
Providence
billyjack

Postby MullinMayhem » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:21 am

We have a gimmick style that is designed to work if you can force opponents to turnover 20x per game and convert most of them. If you don't, you leave opponents wide open from 3 all day and constantly lose guys on defense. There's a reason Anderson was fired at Arkansas. His ceiling is 18-19 wins and just missing the tourney. He is a good person and a nice guy, but he's not a good coach I'm sorry. 90% of our games have been awful this year mostly against terrible teams. This was the last OOC game and the one we could not lose. And we did. Champ or no Champ. Time to look for another coach. Sick and tired of being sick and tired. Can we finally get a can't miss coach here in NYC? The fans from the 80's who saw Mullin play are getting old and there is no significant amount of young fans because we have sucked for an entire generation.
MullinMayhem

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:19 am

MullinMayhem wrote:We have a gimmick style that is designed to work if you can force opponents to turnover 20x per game and convert most of them. If you don't, you leave opponents wide open from 3 all day and constantly lose guys on defense. There's a reason Anderson was fired at Arkansas. His ceiling is 18-19 wins and just missing the tourney. He is a good person and a nice guy, but he's not a good coach I'm sorry. 90% of our games have been awful this year mostly against terrible teams. This was the last OOC game and the one we could not lose. And we did. Champ or no Champ. Time to look for another coach. Sick and tired of being sick and tired. Can we finally get a can't miss coach here in NYC? The fans from the 80's who saw Mullin play are getting old and there is no significant amount of young fans because we have sucked for an entire generation.

Even though I personally think its foolish to be pessimistic on Anderson seeing as he won Big East COY last year and has been the best coach SJU has had in a long time. The fact is he signed a 6 year extension last year through 26-27. So you might as well sit back and enjoy the ride, because he ain't going anywhere for a while.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby stever20 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:20 am

I guess for me, I'd love to know when pressing became such a gimmick style.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board