Hearing done deal

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Hearing done deal

Postby Flyer11 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:48 am

BostonFriar11 wrote:This is a Catholic conference.... Hope that doesn't mean beer will be outlawed at the tournament altogether....

Than Dayton may have to reconsider (if there is an offer)....

Just kidding.. (but kind of serious)
Flyer11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby yorost » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:03 am

Why would being a Catholic conference, which we will not be, cause a ban on alcohol at the tournament? It's not like the conference is even going to be filled to the brim with conservative orders. I don't know where most of the orders involved fall, but with a likely 5 Jesuit institutions we're assured of being criticized for not being Catholic enough. :P
yorost

Postby BE 7 Conference fan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:10 am

BostonFriar11 wrote:This is a Catholic conference.... Hope that doesn't mean beer will be outlawed at the tournament altogether....

Its a Catholic conference, not a Southern Baptist conference. There will be beer.

We may have a fish-fry on the Friday at the conference tourney, people selling Pickle cards at all of the entrances and Stations of the Cross in between afternoon and evening sessions, but there will be beer!
BE 7 Conference fan

Postby BostonFriar11 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:16 am

Sorry, was being sarcastic.
Providence 2011 - Long Live Huxley 299!
BostonFriar11

Postby DeltaV » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:20 am

Your name references Boston...there will b a few Irish Catholics in your city in a week or so who may take offense to the idea that we don't drink beer.

I think we have a better chance of Jameson being available at games.
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Postby billyjack » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:21 am

They'll serve wine instead...
Providence
billyjack

Postby SandstormFlyer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:56 am

billyjack wrote:

They'll serve wine instead...

I heard a rumor on one of the other boards confession to be offered pre-game, communion at halftime. St. Pauli's in running for official beer of conference.
The sea was angry that day my friends...
Dayton '03 -
SandstormFlyer

Postby BostonFriar11 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:05 am

Get ya wafers here! Fresh and unleavened!
Providence 2011 - Long Live Huxley 299!
BostonFriar11

Postby xu95 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:41 pm

BE 7 Conference fan wrote:

Its a Catholic conference, not a Southern Baptist conference. There will be beer.

We may have a fish-fry on the Friday at the conference tourney, people selling Pickle cards at all of the entrances and Stations of the Cross in between afternoon and evening sessions, but there will be beer!

I would so be there if there was a fish fry. I look forward to Friday's during Lent.
xu95

Postby DawgLover » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:22 am

Seems like since the official conference breakup announcement there's been a deafening silence on the message board about when we'll likely get an official announcement (or announcements) of the teams being added. Is the thinking that this won't happen until after the A-10 tournament? Does the Creighton announcement happen first with the completion of the MoValley tournament? Thoughts?
DawgLover

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board