Wed Jan 7th (2 Games) - Seton-Xavier, DePaul-Creighton.

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Wed Jan 7th (2 Games) - Seton-Xavier, DePaul-Creighton.

Postby billyjack » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:45 pm

DemonLS wrote:So which one of you boys said that Forrest Robinson should not be shooting 3s? I did share that he is DePaul's best outside shooter.

That was me Demon... Nice game, but Robinson (from three) was 3 for 15 in Hawaii, and 4-for-23 over a 6 game disaster stretch... plus he's a human fouling machine... season highlight includes, in the 3-point Loyola Marymount loss, going 1-for-6 from three, 1-for-9 total from the field, and fouling out... not sure getting hot for one half makes up for December...
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hoyahooligan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:02 pm

Robinson was 3-15 in hawaii and now is currently 10-20 in BE play! Why couldn't he have hit something in Hawaii. If DePaul gets 2 wins in Hawaii then their wins in conference would be something to be celebrated rather than annoyed by.
hoyahooligan

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:07 pm

Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby BluejaysForThree » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:08 pm

R Jay wrote:Game over. Season over. See you next year. (Maybe)

The Jays are who they are... nothing more to it. If you expected this team to be in the top half of the BE this year after losing 4 out of 5 starters and pretty much 80% of their scoring you would have been kidding yourself.

This team is going to struggle to dig itself out of last place I fear this season... there are a ton of flaws in this team currently, starting with its abysmal three point shooting (at least compared to last year). Its time to start relying less on the three pointer, and use the big men inside even more. Might struggle that way, but at least this team can quit living and dying (a lot more dying this year) by the three. This team was no doubt built for the MVC, and the cracks are being exposed this year.

Kudos to the DePaul Blue Demons on the 3-0 Big East start, I don't care how they did in their non-conference (even though it does bring up plenty of chatter about the quality of the Big East when the team with the lowest non conference RPI leads the conference three games in), when you are hot you are hot, and right now I don't know if anyone in the Big East wants to play these guys.
Last edited by BluejaysForThree on Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BluejaysForThree

Postby XUFan09 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:08 pm

billyjack wrote:
DemonLS wrote:So which one of you boys said that Forrest Robinson should not be shooting 3s? I did share that he is DePaul's best outside shooter.

That was me Demon... Nice game, but Robinson (from three) was 3 for 15 in Hawaii, and 4-for-23 over a 6 game disaster stretch... plus he's a human fouling machine... season highlight includes, in the 3-point Loyola Marymount loss, going 1-for-6 from three, 1-for-9 total from the field, and fouling out... not sure getting hot for one half makes up for December...

Robinson shot 40.7% from 3 last year and 14-30 (46.7%) in the first part of the season before that six-game stretch. He was in a slump, but definitely someone who should keep shooting the ball.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby ivet » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:12 pm

DudeAnon wrote:Image

Even DePaul fans have no idea what's going on.
ivet

Postby jckund » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:24 pm

DePaul at Villanova this Saturday... I'm pretty sure I won't be surprised with whatever happens in this game. If DePaul gets hot again who knows.
jckund

Postby R Jay » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:26 pm

There's no way we're going to any postseason tournament this year. At this point we need to play the guys who will be here next year (Gilmore, Hanson, Milliken, Groselle, Zierden, Hegner, and even Clement) as much as possible. The seniors should lose the right to finish the year - they've failed to step up.
At least the Big East will have one doormat this year.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:32 pm

It seemed like Creighton was afraid to shoot the 3. Which is just crazy compared to last year's team.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby stever20 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:48 pm

R Jay wrote:There's no way we're going to any postseason tournament this year. At this point we need to play the guys who will be here next year (Gilmore, Hanson, Milliken, Groselle, Zierden, Hegner, and even Clement) as much as possible. The seniors should lose the right to finish the year - they've failed to step up.
At least the Big East will have one doormat this year.

just looking at the schedule for Creighton.

If they don't win one of the next 3- home vs Seton Hall, @ Marquette, home vs Providence- Creighton could have a real long losing streak. Their games after that- @ Butler, @ Villanova, St John's, Georgetown, @ Xavier, and @ St John's. They could be on a 13 game losing streak heading into a home game with Marquette.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board