Conference realignment discussion - v. 2015

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Conference realignment discussion - v. 2015

Postby Piratefan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:12 pm

If we add 2 schools and have our choice then I would add Uconn and Dayton. If we add one and we have our choice than I would add Uconn. If we add one and Uconn says o then i would happily welcome Dayton.If we add two and Uconn says no then we add Dayton and ?. Richmond makes some sense but it is not in a major market and has a small alumni base. I would not add VCU but would be open to WSU as its rabid fan base which will support a coaching change like Dayton.
Piratefan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby R Jay » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:13 pm

stever20 wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:
admin wrote:Yep, same IP. Thanks.

Wait, has stever20 has been a Dayton fan this whole time? lol. Either way, stever, no need to make a new name. Although the devil's advocate bit gets annoying, every message board needs one.

I'm not a Dayton fan. I can see though that if someone else comes around as #11, that Dayton would be more than good enough as #12. Definitely way better than SLU.

And think it's pretty darn funny that NovaBall does what he did- when he's on at least HIS 2nd account as well.

IP address says otherwise...
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby myopicraiderfan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:23 pm

How about this. A conference is created called BE2. It includes VCU, RIchmond, Bonnies, Detroit, SLU, Dayton, WSU, Davidson, Bradley, and Loyola of Chicago. They get to be in the "Big East", and you promote demote like in soccer. Top two expected teams in the deuce get promoted while bottom expected two teams in senior division get demoted. Everyone Wins! except the Bonnies who agree to lose every conference game.
/S
myopicraiderfan

Postby stever20 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:32 pm

If you really think NovaBall and Ball are 2 different people, I've got some beach front property in Arizona. I don't care what his IP address is. Why aren't they moderated? Everyone on here knows it's 1 and the same guy. Maybe he can get around things a bit better than me, but still. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck- it's a duck!

I'll admit I did it. I did it because I like posting real time- something that I've not been able to do on here for whatever reason.
stever20

Postby augkash » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:02 pm

If they would add uconn and Dayton I think Xavier fans would be the only ones upset about Dayton joining
augkash

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:09 pm

augkash wrote:If they would add uconn and Dayton I think Xavier fans would be the only ones upset about Dayton joining

Its apples and oranges. UCONN is a basketball powerhouse. Dayton has made it to the second weekend once in the last 30 years.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby BEX » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:41 pm

I think you are referring to Muddy Waters on the A-10 board. He finally gave up the day X went to the BE without his Flyers. A Basement check in Dayton revealed no bodies.

And let's face it, Fox (after approval from the President's) will decide who would join anyway. It's all about the money and they will have to cough it up if they want to expand.
BEX

Postby jaxalum » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:57 pm

DudeAnon wrote:
augkash wrote:If they would add uconn and Dayton I think Xavier fans would be the only ones upset about Dayton joining

Its apples and oranges. UCONN is a basketball powerhouse. Dayton has made it to the second weekend once in the last 30 years.

I mean it's really this simple^^^^^^^^^^^. They overlap markets with Xavier and are less than two hours from Butler. They have essentially no name recognition on the national landscape. This would not open new markets or extend the footprint. The Big East can and should wait for a "name" school(s). Probably some of the reasons why they were skipped over two years ago.
Xavier
jaxalum

Postby UD FAN » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:00 pm

+1 :)
UD FAN

Postby UD FAN » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:02 pm

jaxalum wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:

I mean it's really this simple^^^^^^^^^^^. They overlap markets with Xavier and are less than two hours from Butler. They have essentially no name recognition on the national landscape. This would not open new markets or extend the footprint. The Big East can and should wait for a "name" school(s). Probably some of the reasons why they were skipped over two years ago.

Yea, it was Obama's fault! ;) LOL
UD FAN

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board