Next Year.

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Next Year.

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:22 pm

Hall2012 wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:SH in 10th? Not confident at all. DePaul and Georgetown also want that spot so it will be a real battle for 10th.
DePaul with "tradition" and Gtwn with Ewing, lol. :lol: 8-)

...eh? Oh I get it... you wanted to place a sidebet huh? I don't gamble.

No gambling. I was mostly just trying to figure out if you made your picks with a RAND() function or a dartboard lol

Neither. Ouija board, by Hasbro Toys.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kayako » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:08 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Neither. Ouija board, by Hasbro Toys.

Parker Brothers or it's not legit.
supernova
kayako

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:16 pm

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ouija_board

Automatic writing boards have existed since ancient times[2], but they became a fad in the late 1800s. In 1890, an early patent troll a businessman named Elijah Bond had the good sense to patent a planchette sold with a board on which the alphabet was printed, thus "inventing" the Ouija board as far as the U.S. Patent Office was concerned.[3] In 1901, one William Fuld took over production, came up with the "Ouija" name, and proceeded to rewrite history claiming that he invented it, suing everyone who argued otherwise until he died in 1927. In 1966, Fuld's estate sold the business to Parker Brothers, who in turn became a subsidiary of Hasbro in 1991.[4]

In other words, it's no more supernatural than Monopoly or G.I. Joe. To their credit, Parker Brothers and later Hasbro always insisted that the Ouija board is merely a board game, though that hasn't stopped them from licensing the rights to it to make 2 supernatural horror movies in 2014 and 2016.[5]
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby FriarJ » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:54 am

Well Hasbro is HQ'ed in Providence so it's fitting you used the Ouija board to pick them.
FriarJ

Postby kayako » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:40 am

FriarJ wrote:Well Hasbro is HQ'ed in Providence so it's fitting you used the Ouija board to pick them.

this board... :lol:
supernova
kayako

Postby stever20 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:39 am

Man, maybe things are starting to look up for DePaul.

Tyger Campbell- the guy who originally committed to DePaul before going to UCLA- is out for the season with a torn ACL.
stever20

Postby Savannah Jay » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:32 pm

stever20 wrote:Man, maybe things are starting to look up for DePaul.

Tyger Campbell- the guy who originally committed to DePaul before going to UCLA- is out for the season with a torn ACL.

Perhaps we can use this as indication #8,969 that you lack common sense, logic and (probably) decency. How on God's green earth does a kid injuring his knee while playing basketball at UCLA lead one to suggest "maybe things are starting to look up for DePaul?"

Obviously, you are suggesting that this gives DePaul some measure of joy? There are probably 3 or 4 DePaul fans, somewhere, that are "enjoying" the fact that the kid got hurt. Most folks with any shred of decency (a category in which I would place the DePaul fans I've met) take no joy in a kid getting hurt.

Seriously, I think your mom is ashamed of you at this point. Go do something productive...feed some hungry folks, volunteer at a hospice or other nonprofit, be a scout leader...anything but stinking up this place.
Savannah Jay

Postby adoraz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:37 pm

LMAO Stever really jumped the shark with that one. Wouldn't DePaul signing a 4 star.... TWO DAYS AGO be a better indication that "maybe things are starting to look up for DePaul"??? :lol:

He has to be trolling. I don't think he always is, but this is too much.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:52 pm

DePaul signing 2 four star recruits is looking up.

Perhaps ol' Steverrrr was inferring that had Tyger stayed with DePaul, and then tore his ACL, things would have been looking down for the Demons. With the decom, then signing with UCLA, the hard luck is now on the Bruins with the injury.
By Tyger reopening his recruitment and signing with UCLA, DePaul dodged a bullet with this injury. Even Steve would not wish an injury on a recruit/player. ;)

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby MUBoxer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:05 am

Would be wild if Terrence Shannon recommitted toDepaul. Would be the quickest turnaround imagineable going from 12/13yr cellar dweller to actually competing for a couple years with a class like that.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board