Georgetown Ewing

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Georgetown Ewing

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:56 pm

I may be in minority, but I still think Ewing and Georgetown divorce after the season. I mean, there's no way Georgetown can keep him if he goes 0'fer in BE play (heck, in any conference play).

I think both parties are putting out statements now because they are simply waiting until after the season. Seeds have been planted already that show each side supports the other. It's important for both sides to come out looking positive when the split occurs. Can't risk losing Ewing as an esteemed alum and figure.
GoldenWarrior11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Hoya9697 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:39 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:I may be in minority, but I still think Ewing and Georgetown divorce after the season. I mean, there's no way Georgetown can keep him if he goes 0'fer in BE play (heck, in any conference play).

I think both parties are putting out statements now because they are simply waiting until after the season. Seeds have been planted already that show each side supports the other. It's important for both sides to come out looking positive when the split occurs. Can't risk losing Ewing as an esteemed alum and figure.

Dammit, I was somewhere anger and bargaining and now I’m back to denial.

My first thought after the AD announcement was how tone deaf the university is to the people paying all of the bills- current students and alumni and to a much lesser extent non alumni locals who sit in the upper deck.

It’s so laughable reading comments from the latter group about how it’s not our money. Well, where did it come from? I wouldn’t be shocked if student fees were over $3k per year at this point. I want to say it was $750 per semester back in the mid 90s, but that may have been per year. I think that fee sponsored intramurals and it gave students access to what at the time was a nice gym (weights, indoor track, racquetball courts, basketball courts, etc), but I wouldn’t be surprised if the majority was used to subsidize the athletic programs.

Fox and the other BE schools need to have a conversation with Georgetown if a change isn’t happening. And if makes the college presidents uncomfortable, well, screw that mentality. A Georgetown turned into a permanent DePaul isn’t going to help any of the programs’ bottom lines.
Hoya9697

Postby Hoya9697 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:52 pm

https://hilltophoops.substack.com/p/pat ... etails?s=r

As has been rumored for several months, and was confirmed by CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein recently, Georgetown and head coach Patrick Ewing agreed to a contract extension last spring, after the Hoyas’ Big East Tournament championship.

According to a source with direct knowledge of the contract, Georgetown gave Ewing a three-year extension, in addition to the two years Ewing had left on his original deal.

That means that Ewing, who has a Big East record of 26-63 (.292) in the regular season, has four years total left on his deal after this season.

Ewing is set to make a full base salary of $3.95 million in each of the three years that were tacked onto his pre-existing deal. The base salary and retention bonuses on his current contract, which runs through the 2022-23 season, will remain unchanged.

Clean house now. I imagine that the BoT is at risk of lawsuits for breach of fiduciary responsibilities. DeGioia too.
Hoya9697

Postby DeadHeadHoya » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:38 am

I’ve been a die hard Georgetown fan my entire life. Been going to the BET since I was in 6th grade. I’ve had season tickets for the last 10 years or so and live in the area

I will not go to another game as long as Ewing is the coach . I have no interest in watching that shit show . It has honestly ruined colleges basketball for me . I find myself rooting for other big East time like DePaul , St. John’s or even creighton . I root against Georgetown in these games because I don’t want to see other Big East teams tank their resume lol

I really love Patrick as a player and person but he is a complete f---ing embarrassment as a coach .
DeadHeadHoya

Postby smallmodularreactor » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:26 am

That’s because you’re not an actual fan and apparently don’t understand how basketball or sports in general work, no offense.
smallmodularreactor

Postby Jet915 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:31 am

Zagoria reporting that 2 assistants are out which probably means Ewing is staying....
Jet915

Postby Burrito » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:26 pm

The two assistants being fired had been assistants under JT3 (Akbar Waheed and Robert Kirby). I guess Ewing is staying. Not good at all.
Burrito

Postby DeadHeadHoya » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:10 pm

Steele just got fired from Xavier and this year was probably better than Ewings best year at Gtown lol. Please end the national embarrassment and get Ewing tf out of there
DeadHeadHoya

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:26 pm

Man, Xavier firing Steele and Georgetown keeping Ewing is not good for the Hoyas at all. Rough.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby Xudash » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:59 pm

DeadHeadHoya wrote:Steele just got fired from Xavier and this year was probably better than Ewings best year at Gtown lol. Please end the national embarrassment and get Ewing tf out of there

Again, for the umpteenth time, you guys are too important to the Big East conference to languish like this. It truly is a damn shame. I wish you the best of luck moving forward. At the very least, I hope they surround him with the coaching talent that he needs and that he can be more of a "CEO" manager of it all. I know that isn't a perfect solution, but I hope they get some bench strength in there for you ASAP.
XAVIER
Xudash

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board