Seton Hall Covid issues

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Seton Hall Covid issues

Postby Hall2012 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:17 pm

redmen9194 wrote:First of all, it’s not a disaster for SJU. There are plenty of opportunities for good wins and they don’t have a bad loss. If they beat Pitt a winning record in the Big East gets them in and despite the doom and gloom, which I still don’t really understand, I think they finish top 5 in league. Seton Hall may need the game just as much by the time the season is over. As to Seton Hall, yes vaxed people can get COVID but the risk is lower. I don’t know how Hall was playing at the Garden tomorrow when MSG requires everyone to be vaxed. Kyrie Irving can’t play unvaxed at the Garden but Seton Hall can with multiple players? Lastly, SJU is going to schedule a non-con game during the season. So this game is not being rescheduled and I don’t believe the league would allow for it anyway.

The MSG rule apparently only applies to New York based teams. And yes, according to current policy, there is no option to make up the game. People are saying that should be changed to at least give the teams the opportunity to see if they can mutually agree upon a rescheduled date, which the PAC 12 allows for example.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEXU » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:20 pm

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
·
37m
Big East rule is in place now where Seton Hall will forfeit its game against St. John’s, but league source told
@Stadium
they will continue to monitor situation and be willing to adapt the rule if need be.
BEXU

Postby ArmyVet » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:23 pm

Big East just issued a statement saying it's a loss for Hall and a win for SJU. So I guess no chance of a makeup.
ArmyVet

Postby redmen9194 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:33 pm

The AD has already said they plan to add a game but not for Monday. The Big East should mandate that if a school requires its student to be vaccinated, all players must be vaccinated. If my kid has to be vaccinated to go to class, the players should as well. We need Dave Gavitt here.
redmen9194

Postby stever20 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:19 pm

adoraz wrote:
redmen9194 wrote:First of all, it’s not a disaster for SJU. There are plenty of opportunities for good wins and they don’t have a bad loss. If they beat Pitt a winning record in the Big East gets them in and despite the doom and gloom, which I still don’t really understand, I think they finish top 5 in league. Seton Hall may need the game just as much by the time the season is over. As to Seton Hall, yes vaxed people can get COVID but the risk is lower. I don’t know how Hall was playing at the Garden tomorrow when MSG requires everyone to be vaxed. Kyrie Irving can’t play unvaxed at the Garden but Seton Hall can with multiple players? Lastly, SJU is going to schedule a non-con game during the season. So this game is not being rescheduled and I don’t believe the league would allow for it anyway.

Most St. John's fans aren't doom and gloom... it's just that we expected better than an #86 NET with 0 Q1 wins in mid-December. I do agree that 10-9 would likely get us in and I don't think this game is critical for us to play. I'd still definitely like to play it, though.

Regarding the bolded, do you have a source for that?

It'll be interesting to see about 19-11 (10-9). You'd think so, but would definitely need some Q1 wins in the 10 conference wins. And would need some road wins in there for sure as well.

Might make sense to schedule something decent OOC for makeup.
stever20

Postby redmen9194 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:33 pm

If you get ten wins in the league it will be against good teams. I think the Johnnies wind up In the 10-12 range. Top five teams in league are going to get in for sure.
redmen9194

Postby kayako » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:32 pm

It seems like pause announcements are being made on twitter every 2 minutes. Can't say I'm surprised by this, but I am surprised by the sudden flood of positive covid cases. Season mostly ok for over a month then overnight 30 teams are paused?
supernova
kayako

Postby stever20 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:38 pm

kayako wrote:It seems like pause announcements are being made on twitter every 2 minutes. Can't say I'm surprised by this, but I am surprised by the sudden flood of positive covid cases. Season mostly ok for over a month then overnight 30 teams are paused?

I think it's the Omicron variant. Sounds like it spreads like wildfire.
stever20

Postby stever20 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:54 pm

Wonder if the change made in NFL will go to other sports/college sports as well...
Staffs across the NFL are now getting this message. Changes in testing protocol expected to go into effect tomorrow.

“All tier 1 and tier 2 staff do not need to undergo COVID-19 testing, unless you are currently experiencing symptoms.”
stever20

Postby marquette » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:56 pm

I'm guessing the case explosion has more to do with Thanksgiving than Omicron at this point.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board