(2) Thursday Big East Games 12/9/21

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Thursday Big East Games 12/9/21

Postby stever20 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:52 am

MullinMayhem wrote:Great W for Hall...you guys are really tough and to do that without Obiagu most of the game is even more impressive. I've been mum on Willard but he has absolutely earned the praise at this point. He has transformed SHU from total irrelevance to a top 3 contender every yr it seems with real potential to threaten and knock off top national teams. Their only weakness is shooting and it helped a ton that Texas couldn't shoot to save their lives, but I credit the defense for that.

I'm still very nervous about SJ...yes we got the W against a decent Monmouth team, but they're in the MAAC...when we're playing our best ball, this is an easy 20 pt win. We had so many opportunities we missed. For the life of me idk why we play volleyball with defensive rebounds and 95% of the time Monmouth ended up with it. That can't happen. Our defense is way behind our offense at this point which is the opposite of how Anderson teams are supposed to be. If your identity is defense and you stink at it, you're in for a disappointing season unless it changes and fast.

Monmouth we said going into yesterday was going to be a tricky game and it was.

Great for St John's though- their NET went up from 111 to 94.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Hall2012 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:12 am

If anyone's going to challenge Iona in the MAAC this year, it's Monmouth. They have a solid team. That game was never going to be easy and the Johnnies did well to win it. I expect SHU to get just as much of a fight from Iona next weekend - wouldn't be shocked at all if we lost, actually.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board