Re: Let's review Xavier

Postby BEXU » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:42 pm

BEXU

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:13 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Mornin' DudeAnon. How u doin'?

Yes, I acknowledged the depth, talent, and returnees the Muskies have...in my annual 2021-22 preview.
I did a reasonably accurate assessment also. The Muskies have the talent to win the BE, and they had it
last season. The team imploded last season - Why is that? I believe I have them in the top 5 and dancin'.

I also stated that if they get it together team-wise, they can win the BE.

Howdy howdy. The team imploded because they missed a month of the big east season. X will finish in the top 3 this year.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby kayako » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:11 am

DudeAnon wrote:
Howdy howdy. The team imploded because they missed a month of the big east season. X will finish in the top 3 this year.

Yeah, I am hesitant to incorporate too much of last season to project the upcoming season. Felt like covid affected this conference a little more than other power conferences.
supernova
kayako

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:43 pm

Nice win for Cincinnati over Notre Dame today. Are there many XU hoops fans that cheer for Cincy in college football or is that sacrilege?
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Xudash » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:40 pm

Omaha1 wrote:Nice win for Cincinnati over Notre Dame today. Are there many XU hoops fans that cheer for Cincy in college football or is that sacrilege?

Probably a little bit of a mixed bag, but favoring sacrilege. If you don’t have a local connection to the Queen City growing up, you probably don’t pull for their football team.

I’d say the Bearkitten fans are giddy tonight, while ND fans want to boil Kelly alive.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Xuperman » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:15 am

Omaha1 wrote:Nice win for Cincinnati over Notre Dame today. Are there many XU hoops fans that cheer for Cincy in college football or is that sacrilege?

I can accurately comment on this, as I am a huge UC football fan and an equally rabid Xavier guy on the basketball side. I've been that way for over 40 years, but the vast majority of members on the Xavier board would vehemently disagree. I think it is safe to say that close to 100% of these folks are Xavier ALUMNI that have zero interest in supporting ANYTHING UC.

Basically the Bearcat football program is viewed by these people as one that hasn't been or ever will be relevant nationally.....obviously they look pretty foolish now.
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Postby Jet915 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:37 pm

Sounds like Freemantle out till atleast December.....no bueno.
Jet915

Postby MUPanther » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:01 pm

Jet915 wrote:Sounds like Freemantle out till atleast December.....no bueno.

Huge loss. Will miss key non-conference games.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:14 pm

Bad news for Zach... However, the Muskies have PLENTY of talent and should be able to roll!

Just makes for more open PT for the transfers. #RollMuskiesRoll! ;) ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Xuperman » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:51 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Bad news for Zach... However, the Muskies have PLENTY of talent and should be able to roll!

Just makes for more open PT for the transfers. #RollMuskiesRoll! ;) ;)

You can’t replace an All conference 1st teamer Git....obviously there is only a select few of those guys. Couple that with the position element with out Zach and it could easily go south. ALL of our 4/5 depth has very recent AND serious injury issues. Nudge/Stanley/Miles will be tasked with matching Freemantle’s production, but all 3 have legitimate question marks. Fortunately the IU transfer Hunter looks to be able to mix it up down low, but If this group can’t get some early traction (especially Defense/rebounding) we will struggle on 11/18 and beyond. Maybe, just maybe, the 6’11 Frosh Edwards can surprise and ease some pain!

The Freemantle injury has the most significant roster impact In conference.
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board