(4) Saturday Big East Early Afternoon Games 2/1/20

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (4) Saturday Big East Early Afternoon Games 2/1/20

Postby Django » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:14 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:
ChestRockwell85 wrote:Nice win Creighton. We tried to make it interesting but today you guys were the better team. Congrats to my boy gtmo and the Creighton faithful. The Jays are tough. Hopefully you guys are ranked on Monday because you deserve it. Creighton will be dancing in March.

Happy that we closed it out. Mahoney with a shot clock beating deep three and then Ballock’s corner three were huge. Jays still have two games to go with Seton Hall including a season ender in Omaha. Would love for that one to have some meaning.

Good to begin the stretch run with a W. Thanks Chesty.

Nine games left with 2 vs the Johnnies, 2 vs the Pirates, and 1 with Butler. None of the games are "gimmees"...gotta earn your laurels in this league.

On to the Dunk... Roll Damn Jays!

Cuidate Git, la procesa es peligroso, providencia es demaciado duro
Django

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Django » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:17 pm

It’s BALDWIN TIME BITCHIES!!!
Django

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:12 pm

All the teams/games in the BE are hard. 1 game at a time,,,press on.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby kmacker69 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:17 pm

We looked tired, but they pushed us around all game and were the tougher team today...
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby Xudash » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:44 pm

Hall2012 wrote:I came out of the DePaul game thing SHU couldn't possibly play worse. I guess more accurate would have been they couldn't possibly play worse and still escape with a win. Today was far, far worse. The hustle stats tell you everything you need to know about their effort. 51-22 on the boards is absurd.

That said, it likely may have been the better result for the league. And hopefully a wake-up call for the Pirates.

So it had nothing to do with how Xavier played today?

I like Seton Hall and I certainly hope McKnight is okay, as I believe the Hall can go far in the NCAAT. But let's remember that Xavier was picked to finish 3rd in the conference this year. They have fumbled and bumbled themselves to their present position, but, with their backs truly against the wall today and coming off a heartbreaking 2 OT loss at home 3 nights ago, they went full throttle against the Pirates in New Jersey.

You can believe it was about the Pirates "playing worse", but they may have played that way against a team that still has a lot of fight in it and, more importantly, played with a clue - - most of the time.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby herodotus » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:59 pm

The CU and X wins aren't bad for us going forward, but PC is taking a wrecking ball to the league. It wouldn't be so bad if they were in better position to get a bid themselves, but right now, they're killing us.
herodotus

Postby XUFan09 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:25 pm

stever20 wrote:
adoraz wrote:
Yeah, Xavier is probably the best of those 4 teams but what's going to hurt them is their lack of quality wins. They'll have plenty of chances, though.

really only 4 chances left now. Seton Hall, Nova, and Butler twice.... And that's assuming they win all the other games- with 4 of the 6 games being on the road.

I saw this post mid-game, so didn't get a chance to respond to the bad faith argument. Stever knows that road games against top 75 teams are Quad 1 games, and if it was an AAC team, he definitely would be mentioning that. Since it's a Big East team, he conveniently forgets it. Georgetown and DePaul are still solidly top 75 teams, and Providence and St. John's are both currently in the top 75 (meaning that we will likely have at least one there at the end of the season). So Xavier doesn't just have the four games Stever listed; they have between six and eight total Quad 1 games left.

Watch, he will come back with something like, "By 'chances,' I meant ranked opponents," having used vague language so he can move the goalposts how he wishes. Or maybe he will claim that he was talking about marquee wins, a highly subjective metric. Doesn't matter; Quad 1 wins are the driver of tournament resumes and he knows it.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby Django » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:29 pm

Wow, Cr8n had the biggest balls in the conference with the biggest balls this weekend.

What a great day to be a Jay!
Django

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:34 pm

Relax dJango, relax. While today's W was a great win, it was only 1 win. Nine more to go in the RS.
Nine more big games in conference play. Now is not the time for overconfidence.

Let's see if our Jays get ranked...AND if they are able to handle it/hold on to the rankings for more than1-2 games. :lol:
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby jfan » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:34 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Relax dJango, relax. While today's W was a great win, it was only 1 win. Nine more to go in the RS.
Nine more big games in conference play. Now is not the time for overconfidence.

Let's see if our Jays get ranked...AND if they are able to handle it/hold on to the rankings for more than1-2 games. :lol:
Ok, who kidnapped gtmo and what have you done with him?! I thought he would be predicting a FF after this win!
CREIGHTON
jfan

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board