Out of Conference games for next yr

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Out of Conference games for next yr

Postby hoops22 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:23 pm

Well Stever, if it's so easy to get the games in NYC, without playing St John's, then how come only one of your beloved AAC schools managed to play there last year. That was Temple, playing Duke in Brooklyn. Tulane also got a game in Brooklyn, against St. Johns. Of course, with all the dead weight in that league, I kind of doubt MSG or Barclay's has much interest anyway. By the way, it was good for a chuckle to read your comment on the other board about how you'd prefer playing an AAC schedule, as opposed to teams in the BE. Yeah, I'm sure those Houston, ECU, South Florida, UCF etc... games would really have you excited. All I can say is, you've just become so predictable it's become flat out boring. Enough with the constant rah rah stuff for the AAC, while denigrating the BE at every turn. If the roles were reversed where the BE had only 5 bids in two years (Louisville doesn't count) you would be absolutely unbearable to listen to, in your criticism of the league. But of course since it's the AAC everything is all roses to you. Give it a rest.
hoops22

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:29 pm

It was never the AAC schools that was getting talked about. Some folks on here thought/think that if St John's refuses to play for instance Syracuse, that Syracuse will never get to play in NYC. That's a total joke of course. Any of the old Big East schools can get a game at MSG or Barclay's. So it would hurt St John's far more than it would hurt the old Big East schools- because those old Big East schools are still able to get games at MSG or Barclay's.

When the split occurred- ECU was not in the AAC. So yeah while having Houston, USF, UCF would be tough- having SMU, Memphis, Temple, UConn, and Cincy would absolutely make up for it. Not much difference between playing DePaul a 2nd time and playing Houston. And frankly I think we could have still gotten Butler in it.
stever20

Postby Bluejay » Tue May 19, 2015 1:40 pm

hoops22 wrote:Well Stever, if it's so easy to get the games in NYC, without playing St John's, then how come only one of your beloved AAC schools managed to play there last year. That was Temple, playing Duke in Brooklyn. Tulane also got a game in Brooklyn, against St. Johns. Of course, with all the dead weight in that league, I kind of doubt MSG or Barclay's has much interest anyway. By the way, it was good for a chuckle to read your comment on the other board about how you'd prefer playing an AAC schedule, as opposed to teams in the BE. Yeah, I'm sure those Houston, ECU, South Florida, UCF etc... games would really have you excited. All I can say is, you've just become so predictable it's become flat out boring. Enough with the constant rah rah stuff for the AAC, while denigrating the BE at every turn. If the roles were reversed where the BE had only 5 bids in two years (Louisville doesn't count) you would be absolutely unbearable to listen to, in your criticism of the league. But of course since it's the AAC everything is all roses to you. Give it a rest.

When this board first started, I visited daily.

Because of Stever primarily, I have curtailed the frequency of visits significantly.

Sometimes I find it amazing that the mods continue to allow Stever (and his IP since we know he likes to create sock puppet accounts) to continue to post here since it couldn't be more obvious he is a troll.
Bluejay

Postby MUPanther » Tue May 19, 2015 7:33 pm

Villanova and Virginia signed a H/H. In Virginia in 2015-16.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed May 20, 2015 10:42 am

Bluejay wrote:
hoops22 wrote:Well Stever, if it's so easy to get the games in NYC, without playing St John's, then how come only one of your beloved AAC schools managed to play there last year. That was Temple, playing Duke in Brooklyn. Tulane also got a game in Brooklyn, against St. Johns. Of course, with all the dead weight in that league, I kind of doubt MSG or Barclay's has much interest anyway. By the way, it was good for a chuckle to read your comment on the other board about how you'd prefer playing an AAC schedule, as opposed to teams in the BE. Yeah, I'm sure those Houston, ECU, South Florida, UCF etc... games would really have you excited. All I can say is, you've just become so predictable it's become flat out boring. Enough with the constant rah rah stuff for the AAC, while denigrating the BE at every turn. If the roles were reversed where the BE had only 5 bids in two years (Louisville doesn't count) you would be absolutely unbearable to listen to, in your criticism of the league. But of course since it's the AAC everything is all roses to you. Give it a rest.

When this board first started, I visited daily.

Because of Stever primarily, I have curtailed the frequency of visits significantly.

Sometimes I find it amazing that the mods continue to allow Stever (and his IP since we know he likes to create sock puppet accounts) to continue to post here since it couldn't be more obvious he is a troll.

Bluejay, find that ignore button and stick around.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Amase2 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:13 pm

SJU and Cuse to play at MSG next December.

Lets hope us and NOVA got 2-2 against the ACC
Amase2

Postby Phillycat » Wed May 20, 2015 2:20 pm

Nova's Schedule now

Penn H
La Salle H
Saint Joes (PA) A
Temple A
Delaware H
Nebraska H
2 of Akron, Green Bay and 2 teams TBD (NIT) H
2 of Georgia Tech, Stanford, Arkansas (NIT) (Brooklyn)
Oklahoma (Hawaii)
Virginia A

Again reports say the initial report on Duke game was false and Syracuse game at msg isn't a real thing. I believe the number of games on the OOC slate last year was 13 so expect one more to be announced.
Phillycat

Postby redmen9194 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:29 pm

St. John's as of today:

Maui Invitational (Kansas, Inidana, UCLA, UNLV, Vandy, Wake Forest and Chaminade)
Rutgers at MSG
Syracuse at MSG
Arizona State in Vegas
Duke at Cameron

So with at least two games in Maui, The Johnnies schedule is going to be stacked for sure.
redmen9194

Postby Xudash » Wed May 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Phillycat wrote:Nova's Schedule now

Penn H
La Salle H
Saint Joes (PA) A
Temple A
Delaware H
Nebraska H
Oklahoma (Hawaii)
Virginia A

Again reports say the initial report on Duke game was false and Syracuse game at msg isn't a real thing. I believe the number of games on the OOC slate last year was 13 so expect one more to be announced.

Are all Big5 games on campus now? Do you actually have to play in St. Joe's place?
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed May 20, 2015 6:05 pm

Xudash wrote:
Phillycat wrote:Nova's Schedule now

Penn H
La Salle H
Saint Joes (PA) A
Temple A
Delaware H
Nebraska H
Oklahoma (Hawaii)
Virginia A

Are all Big5 games on campus now? Do you actually have to play in St. Joe's place?

HEY! St Joe's has a nice little gym on campus. Think it holds about 2-3K persons. Great atmosphere.

Of course though, the Palestra is better for high profile type games. Guess St Joe's doesn't meet the local criteria?
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board