Sun Jan 25th, 3g - Duke-SJU, Seton-Butler, Creigh-VU.

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Sun Jan 25th, 3g - Duke-SJU, Seton-Butler, Creigh-VU.

Postby HoosierPal » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Congratulations to Coach K for win 1000. It couldn't happen to a better person. His tribute to his mentor, the General, was very appropriate.
HoosierPal

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Hall2012 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:47 pm

This Seton Hall team is such an embarrassment, I don't know why I bother to watch. A group of 5 random people from this board would beat them handily.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby admin » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:50 pm

Hall2012 wrote:This Seton Hall team is such an embarrassment, I don't know why I bother to watch. A group of 5 random people from this board would beat them handily.

I worry that Hall is in trouble. After beating SJU and Villanova, they've only won one game and that took a miraculous shot from Gibbs to win at Creighton. Another road game this week after losing at Butler and I think they're on the wrong side of the bubble. Hopefully Whitehead can provide a spark when he returns.
admin
Site Admin

Postby shupirate98 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:52 pm

admin wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:This Seton Hall team is such an embarrassment, I don't know why I bother to watch. A group of 5 random people from this board would beat them handily.

I worry that Hall is in trouble. After beating SJU and Villanova, they've only won one game and that took a miraculous shot from Gibbs to win at Creighton. Another road game this week after losing at Butler and I think they're on the wrong side of the bubble. Hopefully Whitehead can provide a spark when he returns.

Worry that they're in trouble? They're more than in trouble. They're done. After the last game I said Willard had the tactical acumen of a comatose squirrel. In retrospect that was unfair to comatose squirrels. The guy is completely incompetent. Seton Hall will never, ever win until he's gone. I'd trade him for Purnell without a moment's hesitation.
shupirate98

Postby Edrick » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:55 pm

27-3 run for Butler right now
Edrick

Postby MUPanther » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:04 pm

Not sure what topic to put it, but Louisville at Pitt is on CBS. I havn't seen Pitt play at home on TV all this year. Just shows how great ghe Big East schools have it on FS1 and CBSSN.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby billyjack » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:08 pm

HoosierPal wrote:Congratulations to Coach K for win 1000. It couldn't happen to a better person. His tribute to his mentor, the General, was very appropriate.

He won today's game in the same manner... with a sourpuss, whimpering face all game while losing... then all smiles and sunshine in the final minute. As a tribute to the General, he considered hurling a folding chair across the hardwood.

The game's key possessions were with around 6 minutes left, where Duke got a series of offensive rebounds while down 4 or 7 points or so.

Great game by St John's, definitely could have gotten the win.
Providence
billyjack

Postby NJRedman » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:14 pm

That inadvertent whistle with the johnnies on a fast break was the turning point.

I blame Lavin for completely failing to substitute in the second half. The guys were winded, all their shots were short.
NJRedman

Postby RDinNY » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:23 pm

St. John's played well but lost to a depper, more talented team. Can't blame the coach for every loss.
RDinNY

Postby HoosierPal » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:30 pm

billyjack wrote:
HoosierPal wrote:Congratulations to Coach K for win 1000. It couldn't happen to a better person. His tribute to his mentor, the General, was very appropriate.

He won today's game in the same manner... with a sourpuss, whimpering face all game while losing... then all smiles and sunshine in the final minute. As a tribute to the General, he considered hurling a folding chair across the hardwood.

Are you having a bad day or what? A milestone in NCAA history was reached today. How about giving Coach K some credit.
HoosierPal

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board