Can we agree on Xavier, Butler, and Creighton

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Can we agree on Xavier, Butler, and Creighton

Postby Jet915 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:41 pm

jkc_dawgs wrote:If there was a "challenge" with the Pac-12 right now, this is how I see it going down from the best game to the worst.

Butler vs. Oregon
Creighton vs. Arizona
Marquette vs. UCLA
Georgetown vs. Washington
Villanova vs. Stanford
St. Louis vs. Colorado
St. John's vs. Arizona St.
Xavier vs. California
Providence vs. USC
Seton Hall vs. Washington St.
Dayton vs. Oregon St.
DePaul vs. Utah

I'd prefer the Big Ten but they already challenge the ACC and would probably beat this league pretty good, the PAC-12 this year is probably on par w/this league, it would be a "privates" vs. "publics + Stanford" matchup!
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NJRedman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Jet915 wrote:
jkc_dawgs wrote:If there was a "challenge" with the Pac-12 right now, this is how I see it going down from the best game to the worst.

Butler vs. Oregon
Creighton vs. Arizona
Marquette vs. UCLA
Georgetown vs. Washington
Villanova vs. Stanford
St. Louis vs. Colorado
St. John's vs. Arizona St.
Xavier vs. California
Providence vs. USC
Seton Hall vs. Washington St.
Dayton vs. Oregon St.
DePaul vs. Utah

I'd prefer the Big Ten but they already challenge the ACC and would probably beat this league pretty good, the PAC-12 this year is probably on par w/this league, it would be a "privates" vs. "publics + Stanford" matchup!

The Pac wants eastern exposure and we would help them get that. They also have a contract with Fox which would be in everyones best interest and we can beat on them most years.
NJRedman

Postby ArmyVet » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:58 pm

East vs West would be great exposure on both coasts. I hope something like this happens.
ArmyVet

Postby Bluejay » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:30 pm

ArmyVet wrote:East vs West would be great exposure on both coasts. I hope something like this happens.

You could literally lineup a triple header if you did this -- using east coast start times: 7pm, 9pm, 11pm. Start the 7pm game on the east coast, the 9pm game in the midwest (Chicago, Milwaukee, St Louis, Omaha) where it is 8 pm, and the 11pm on the west coast where it is only 8pm...

I like the east-west match-up idea. I think it could draw a nationwide audience.
Bluejay

Postby glen » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:46 pm

If we don't add Xavier and Butler I'll jump in the East River. I'd like Creighton next but wouldn't be surprised if the C7 went a different direction.
glen

Postby pki1998 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Jet915 wrote:I'd prefer the Big Ten but they already challenge the ACC and would probably beat this league pretty good, the PAC-12 this year is probably on par w/this league, it would be a "privates" vs. "publics + Stanford" matchup!

There is still a chance VCU gets an invite, so it might be a Privates + VCU vs Publics + Standord + Southern Cal matchup
pki1998

Postby Vill » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:33 am

pki1998 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:I'd prefer the Big Ten but they already challenge the ACC and would probably beat this league pretty good, the PAC-12 this year is probably on par w/this league, it would be a "privates" vs. "publics + Stanford" matchup!

There is still a chance VCU gets an invite, so it might be a Privates + VCU vs Publics + Standord + Southern Cal matchup

VCU will not get an invite and I will put money on it.
Vill

Postby LabRatScott » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Tonight Butler lost to Lasalle and Creighton lost to Drake. Yikes.
LabRatScott

Postby Jet915 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:57 am

LabRatScott wrote:Tonight Butler lost to Lasalle and Creighton lost to Drake. Yikes.

Agree, both road games but both surprising results. Creighton just laid an egg in the first half, 0-7 from 3 and piss poor defense. They almost made up for it in the second half but it was too late. We beat Drake by 30 at home 2 weeks prior. Very disappointing.
Jet915

Postby yorost » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:42 am

LaSalle isn't going to hurt Butler too much. They're not having a bad season. Drake isn't good, though. So many poor teams in the MVC it's hard not to pick up a bad loss in conference play. That's been nice having Marquette in the Big East after C-USA, not many chances to pick up sub-100 rpi losses.
yorost

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board