A Review of the Wildcats

The home for Big East hoops

Re: A Review of the Wildcats

Postby Novachap » Mon May 02, 2022 10:56 am

Caleb Daniels coming back for year 5-- joining Brandon Slater as 5th year seniors.
Novachap

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon May 02, 2022 11:33 am

Great news. Don't know much about Neptune, but retaining critical players is a very good sign.
Way to go Radnorites.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Novachap » Mon May 02, 2022 11:47 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Great news. Don't know much about Neptune, but retaining critical players is a very good sign.
Way to go Radnorites.

Yes GIT, eases some of the angst for sure. It was critical he kept the highly rated recruiting class together which he did AND having Slater and Daniels buy in for another year will really help. So, we "only" lost Antoine, which is just sad. He just never got the chance with the injuries to shine and show what he had. I do think the writing was on the wall there when Longino became the first guy off the bench after Daniels.

Now, the great unknown for the team is when / if Moore returns at all for next season or if he sits it out rehabbing.
Novachap

Postby kayako » Sat May 07, 2022 9:41 pm

https://www.newschannel10.com/video/2022/05/05/sports-drive-brendan-hausen-chats-villanova-basketball-commitment/

Listening to Hausen gush about Jay, I can’t criticize the way coach K handled his retirement. For everyone’s sake I hope Neptune can keep the culture rolling.
supernova
kayako

Postby Novachap » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:27 pm

Incoming Frosh Cam Whitmore and Mark Armstrong made the U18 US National team. Talented kids.
Novachap

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:38 am

Novachap wrote:Incoming Frosh Cam Whitmore and Mark Armstrong made the U18 US National team. Talented kids.

https://twitter.com/usabjnt/status/1531829284712554496

At the very least we seem to have upgraded our athleticism significantly with Cam and Mark. Both can get way up there. Perhaps Armstrong can step into that lead guard spot with Moore on the mend. Seems to be getting rave reviews at the U18 camp. Whitmore is going to play and punish rims around the league. Both appear in lots of highlights linked.

Armstrong - #25
Whitmore - #63
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:57 am

USA U-18 brings home the gold. Cam Whitmore earns the MVP after an absolutely dominating tourney performance. Puts up 30 w/ 12 rebounds in the final. Pretty sure he will be our first OAD since Tim Thomas. Some draft boards have him projected as a lottery pick already. He’s a monster.

Maybe writing in the Jays as the best team in the BE should be done in pencil at this point. This song has been sung over and over… “Nova lost too much; this is the year they get knocked off.” Yada…yada…yada. #RollDamnCats
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:24 pm

Moore is the key to Nova maintaining its stride. Without him, they're just another good team.
If lil Cr8n stumbles in Maui, we can re-eval the numbers. Of course, the BE Coaches will have the Jays 7th-as per their usual preseason
prognostications. Gotta luv dem coaches.

Daniels and Slater don't scare anyone. If your Frosh can put up Kaluma/Nembhard frosh numbers, ol' Nova will be in the mix, but Moore is
vital to Nova being elite this season. Just my 2 cents...
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:41 am

Any of my Nova peeps catch the Blue-White scrimmage last night? Chap, K, ChestR? I really liked what I saw from the youngins. Brizzi, Armstrong, Hausen and Longino all stood out to me. All can shoot the lights out and looked like they belonged. Without starters—Moore (fingers crossed but sounds like he is on schedule), Caleb and Cam—we still looked like we could field a highly competitive team from the other 7-8. Kyle’s going to have some hard decisions on playing time.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Novachap » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:03 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Any of my Nova peeps catch the Blue-White scrimmage last night? Chap, K, ChestR? I really liked what I saw from the youngins. Brizzi, Armstrong, Hausen and Longino all stood out to me. All can shoot the lights out and looked like they belonged. Without starters—Moore (fingers crossed but sounds like he is on schedule), Caleb and Cam—we still looked like we could field a highly competitive team from the other 7-8. Kyle’s going to have some hard decisions on playing time.

Yeah Gumby, I saw it and was pleasantly surprised. Brizzi and Longino looked really good and Hausen can flat out shoot.

I thought Armstrong was a bit tentative early, but he showed more by 3rd session and it was clear he was focusing on facilitating which is what he will be asked to do.

Dixon looked good, Nanna has clearly improved and Slater was more aggressive.

Disappoing to not see Whitmore, Daniel's and Patterson. To me Patterson is still the big unknown.

Really fun to watch and they were all playing, at least on offense, Nova ball. Jump stops, fakes, extra passes. Great stuff!
Novachap

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board