Seton Hall - Willard Thread...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Seton Hall - Willard Thread...

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:49 pm

MackNova wrote:
ecasadoSBU wrote:well... at least Willard isn't full of shi#. He is keeping it real

Agreed. I get why a Seton Hall fan wouldn't like his post-game comments, but I didn't have a problem with it. He was honest. Seems like revisionist history to say they lost because of that. It didn't stop St. Peter's from winning.

The real question - are SHU fans rooting for St. Peter's? The easy answer is yes, but the galaxy brain answer might be no so he can start recruiting ASAP.

It's yes. Every game he wins and brilliant interview he gives with St. Peter's in this tournament tells recruits more than he possibly could just by talking to them.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:52 pm

Burrito wrote:I wonder how well Willard will do at Maryland in the Big Ten. Is he better than the coach they fired (Turgeon)?

Holtmann is doing well at Ohio State, although being criticized for not making any deep runs in the tournament. Chris Mack is now unemployed.

I think he'll do well. The lack of tournament wins is disappointing, but when you consider where Seton Hall was when he took over and that they still have among the smallest basketball budgets among high major schools, it's very evident that he's had SHU puncing above its weight class for years now. Now he's moving to a school that's among the leaders in basketball resources and if he can continue to punch up, Maryland's gonna be really good.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board