Georgetown Ewing

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Georgetown Ewing

Postby stever20 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:49 pm

Tweet from Ewing just now:
Any announcement about my future will come from me or Georgetown University. First and foremost, I am not a quitter. My plan is to be back next year coaching at my alma mater and bringing this program back to prominence.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:02 pm

stever20 wrote:Tweet from Ewing just now:
Any announcement about my future will come from me or Georgetown University. First and foremost, I am not a quitter. My plan is to be back next year coaching at my alma mater and bringing this program back to prominence.

Just saw that interesting post...
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:11 pm

Jet915 wrote:
stever20 wrote:Tweet from Ewing just now:

Just saw that interesting post...

interesting that he's saying my plan right after saying I am not a quitter.

Something to really watch starting about this time next week.
stever20

Postby Django » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:17 pm

Looks pretty simple, they asked him to quit and lower the buyout and he promptly said GFY Father, I know what your endowment is, I have a contract, fire me beeotch. And pay my a$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Well done Patrick. This is all JT Jr.'s fault. Just like Ray Meyer and a host of other legends who screwed up thier legacies by trying to hire their sons or control their replacements. Doesn't work Big John. Sorry, you were great at coaching... not so much at king making. (looking at you Coach K!!!)
Django

Postby Husky_U » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:26 pm

STOP. HIRING. FORMER. BELOVED. PLAYERS. It never ends well!
Husky_U

Postby Django » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:30 pm

Husky_U wrote:STOP. HIRING. FORMER. BELOVED. PLAYERS. AND. FORMER. COACHES'. SONS. It never ends well!

FIFY :D
Last edited by Django on Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Django

Postby stever20 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:30 pm

Husky_U wrote:STOP. HIRING. FORMER. BELOVED. PLAYERS. It never ends well!

It really doesn't. I mean for a long term situation, what is the best case so far? Howard with Michigan? And that's not really going great.
stever20

Postby Django » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:52 pm

stever20 wrote:

It really doesn't. I mean for a long term situation, what is the best case so far? Howard with Michigan? And that's not really going great.

:lol:

Mullin will always be my favorite...

during the "Inside the Huddle," when he'd just be walking around the court and the FS1 camera guy didn't know whether to show the assistant coaches drawing up a play or show Mullin walking around... and when they did put the camera in his face Mullin had this pissed off look like he was being hounded by paparazzi.
Django

Postby Husky_U » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:06 pm

stever20 wrote:

Yup. And Scheyer is gonna be a disaster at Duke. Same with McNamara at Cuse after Boeheim departs.
Husky_U

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:07 pm

Django wrote:
stever20 wrote:

:lol:

Mullin will always be my favorite...

during the "Inside the Huddle," when he'd just be walking around the court and the FS1 camera guy didn't know whether to show the assistant coaches drawing up a play or show Mullin walking around... and when they did put the camera in his face Mullin had this pissed off look like he was being hounded by paparazzi.

Yeah Mullin was so hands off.....i read that a writer was spreading rumors that Ewing was going to resign which is what prompted this tweet.
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board