Seton Hall Covid issues

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Seton Hall Covid issues

Postby stever20 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:10 pm

kayako wrote:
ArmyVet wrote:It might not be politically correct to say this, but I don't have a lot of sympathy if these schools either chose to not require their student athletes be vaccinated or granted exceptions unnecessarily. Everyone knew the rules and the possible ramifications.

Suit up 7 scholarship players or forfeit the conference game. Those were the agreed upon rules.

I hope the kids and others involved recover 100%, but I agree with you. Having a game cancelled is more than an inconvenience for all parties involved.

Yeah, plus the fact that end of the year for making the NCAA tournament, a forfeit doesn't really hurt you at all.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Omaha1 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:18 pm

Interesting discussion. Upon further review it seems like a failure of leadership to not require the vaccination for everyone associated with the program.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby adoraz » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:18 pm

Game vs St. John's is off. Very selfish of the players who chose not to get vaccinated. The Big East needs to let them reschedule.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby stever20 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:26 pm

adoraz wrote:Game vs St. John's is off. Very selfish of the players who chose not to get vaccinated. The Big East needs to let them reschedule.

just looking at the 2 their schedules don't really allow something like that.

Sucks for St John's big time- lose one of the 3-4 chances at a Q1 home win.
stever20

Postby Husky_U » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:47 pm

adoraz wrote:Game vs St. John's is off. Very selfish of the players who chose not to get vaccinated. The Big East needs to let them reschedule.

Really hurts the Johnnies on their quest for quality wins.
Husky_U

Postby Hall2012 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:51 pm

Not defending any unvaccinated players, but we don't even know that they're at fault. A lot of vaccinated people are getting breakthrough cases of this new variant now and that could very well be the case here. I doubt we'll ever know for sure.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby adoraz » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:42 pm

stever20 wrote:

It was a road game fortunately, so it's one we were pretty unlikely to win. I still want to play it, though. St. John's should be given the chance to reschedule even if it's not convenient for Seton Hall.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby Hall2012 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:52 pm

adoraz wrote:
stever20 wrote:

It was a road game fortunately, so it's one we were pretty unlikely to win. I still want to play it, though. St. John's should be given the chance to reschedule even if it's not convenient for Seton Hall.

I imagine Seton Hall would be just as eager to reschedule as St. John's would be. It's home game revenue and as we've seen in the past, 1 game could easily be worth 3 or 4 seed lines in the BET.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby redmen9194 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:06 pm

First of all, it’s not a disaster for SJU. There are plenty of opportunities for good wins and they don’t have a bad loss. If they beat Pitt a winning record in the Big East gets them in and despite the doom and gloom, which I still don’t really understand, I think they finish top 5 in league. Seton Hall may need the game just as much by the time the season is over. As to Seton Hall, yes vaxed people can get COVID but the risk is lower. I don’t know how Hall was playing at the Garden tomorrow when MSG requires everyone to be vaxed. Kyrie Irving can’t play unvaxed at the Garden but Seton Hall can with multiple players? Lastly, SJU is going to schedule a non-con game during the season. So this game is not being rescheduled and I don’t believe the league would allow for it anyway.
redmen9194

Postby adoraz » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:14 pm

redmen9194 wrote:First of all, it’s not a disaster for SJU. There are plenty of opportunities for good wins and they don’t have a bad loss. If they beat Pitt a winning record in the Big East gets them in and despite the doom and gloom, which I still don’t really understand, I think they finish top 5 in league. Seton Hall may need the game just as much by the time the season is over. As to Seton Hall, yes vaxed people can get COVID but the risk is lower. I don’t know how Hall was playing at the Garden tomorrow when MSG requires everyone to be vaxed. Kyrie Irving can’t play unvaxed at the Garden but Seton Hall can with multiple players? Lastly, SJU is going to schedule a non-con game during the season. So this game is not being rescheduled and I don’t believe the league would allow for it anyway.

Most St. John's fans aren't doom and gloom... it's just that we expected better than an #86 NET with 0 Q1 wins in mid-December. I do agree that 10-9 would likely get us in and I don't think this game is critical for us to play. I'd still definitely like to play it, though.

Regarding the bolded, do you have a source for that?
Johnnies
adoraz

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board