Stever v. 2.0

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Stever v. 2.0

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:32 am

#steverfreed

Love it. Always room on the MU bandwagon!
GoldenWarrior11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:35 pm

Alrighty then...

Welcome back Steve.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby stever20 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:39 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Have enjoyed your recent contributions and glad you're back. I've also enjoyed not having to butt heads over which hoops conference (BE - AAC) had/has the brighter past, present and future.

Now, this doesn't mean you can't challenge the status quo around here sometimes. Doing so with fact-based data will be always welcomed. I know you are a big college hoops fan deep down, as are all of the posters on this site. This conference is possibly the best thing for long-term health of the sport IMO. It keeps the FB power guys from thinking they can just dictate their own terms with all athletics. College hoops needs a strong BE. And thankfully they are getting one. And it's nice to see that perhaps the BE has a larger place in your heart and fandom than it did previously.

So did you realize just how much of a big college hoops fan I was???? :lol:
stever20

Postby ecasadoSBU » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:39 am

stever20 wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:Have enjoyed your recent contributions and glad you're back. I've also enjoyed not having to butt heads over which hoops conference (BE - AAC) had/has the brighter past, present and future.

Now, this doesn't mean you can't challenge the status quo around here sometimes. Doing so with fact-based data will be always welcomed. I know you are a big college hoops fan deep down, as are all of the posters on this site. This conference is possibly the best thing for long-term health of the sport IMO. It keeps the FB power guys from thinking they can just dictate their own terms with all athletics. College hoops needs a strong BE. And thankfully they are getting one. And it's nice to see that perhaps the BE has a larger place in your heart and fandom than it did previously.

So did you realize just how much of a big college hoops fan I was???? :lol:

I'm just glad you jumped off the AAC's di#k... You are a great presence in this board
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby Xudash » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:54 pm

ecasadoSBU wrote:
stever20 wrote:So did you realize just how much of a big college hoops fan I was???? :lol:

I'm just glad you jumped off the AAC's di#k... You are a great presence in this board

I second that. You're posts are informative and mostly a pleasure to read. Welcome to the good side.

This board is now operating at a solid level of content, and will continue to do so as long as the mods keep the idiot VD fans from posting their drivel here.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:47 am

Stever, a sincere thanks for all you do for the board. In honor of your dedication to college hoops and abandonment of the AAC, I post this for the final time:

And props to whoever created it, it was brilliant.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby stever20 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:50 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:Stever, a sincere thanks for all you do for the board. In honor of your dedication to college hoops and abandonment of the AAC, I post this for the final time:

And props to whoever created it, it was brilliant.

I did like that.. lol.

Just seems weird not having to post in Green or Red today! :lol:
stever20

Postby GreatDaneAttorney » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:32 am

The Big East vs AAC debates now seem so naive, because none of us realized that the SEC would so easily become a Super League and that all realignment talk would eventually become centered around the SEC and B1G. Every other player (Pac-12, Big XII, ACC, and Big East) are now quite a ways back in terms of prestige and finances. We're all more or less in the same boat, which creates a sense of comradery.
GreatDaneAttorney

Postby stever20 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:38 am

GreatDaneAttorney wrote:The Big East vs AAC debates now seem so naive, because none of us realized that the SEC would so easily become a Super League and that all realignment talk would eventually become centered around the SEC and B1G. Every other player (Pac-12, Big XII, ACC, and Big East) are now quite a ways back in terms of prestige and finances. We're all more or less in the same boat, which creates a sense of comradery.

I actually did think the SEC might become what it has- I mean there is only so much money you can spend on football and yet their money is going up by leaps and bounds. So makes sense to spend it on basketball. They upgraded their coaches and also the facilities.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board