X, B, and UD next season??

The home for Big East hoops

Re: X, B, and UD next season??

Postby XU85 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:16 am

As others have alluded to, this process of sitting around waiting for announcements reminds me of Christmas time with my brothers. It seemed like the excitement and anticipation inevitably lead to us beating the crap out of each other just to pass the time. Oh well, hopefully many of us can come together as big east brothers and toast a few cold ones in the near future.

I'll drink to that!
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby UD_Earl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:20 am

sandw04 wrote:Yet another contradictory newspaper article. I am not saying the NY Post is incorrect, but why are they getting the scoop? Much of the decision will be made by Fox. Again, I'm not disputing the article, but I am questioning why so much belief that it is the final word? Any final decision may or not be made, but I seriously doubt any newspaper "in the know" would be putting exact information out there at this time.

I still believe that Fox wants at least 12 teams for next season.

Because Fox/Murdoch own the Post - that is why.
UD_Earl

Postby xu95 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:21 am

I also find it interesting he doesn't list a source, or even say anything about an unnamed source. He just says it as if it is fact and everyone should have already known it.
xu95

Postby DeltaV » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:23 am

Wow, they weren't kidding when they say Dayton fans are voracious...

As for comparisons to the rebuilding C7 schools, don't bother. They're in automatically, so it is a moot point. Creighton should be getting the nod as well...they have a cheap buyout, they just won their conference, and they're better in the last decade. Nothing against Dayton, I actually almost think they may be in over Richmond since I haven't heard them discussed recently.

As for helping us sell tickets...really? You think we need help selling tickets? You aren't the only school with fans. I'd bet just the big east seven teams could sell out the garden for championships as well, without anyones help.
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Postby CFA Jay » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:23 am

UD_Earl wrote:
sandw04 wrote:Yet another contradictory newspaper article. I am not saying the NY Post is incorrect, but why are they getting the scoop? Much of the decision will be made by Fox. Again, I'm not disputing the article, but I am questioning why so much belief that it is the final word? Any final decision may or not be made, but I seriously doubt any newspaper "in the know" would be putting exact information out there at this time.

still dont buy it.
CFA Jay

Postby UD_Earl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:25 am

xu95 wrote:I also find it interesting he doesn't list a source, or even say anything about an unnamed source. He just says it as if it is fact and everyone should have already known it.

Why is it that everyone assumes that X and Butler are in fact in? It has really just been assumed. But there obviously is no factual basis to it. Correct. How is this any different? This guy probably knows due to the Murdoch/Fox connection. Probably...
UD_Earl

Postby UD_Earl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:26 am

CFA Jay wrote:
UD_Earl wrote:

still dont buy it.

I understand why you don't. But you are in Nebraska.... Big East??
UD_Earl

Postby CFA Jay » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:31 am

UD_Earl wrote:I understand why you don't. But you are in Nebraska.... Big East??

like i said before. we'll see soon enough. Creighton is a way, way better fit than Dayton btw.
CFA Jay

Postby UD_Earl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:32 am

Hey guys, just kind of having a little fun with this. It is kind of nice having the shoe on the other foot right now. With all of the heat UD has been taking - it would be ironic if we were in before both SLU and Creighton.

But in all honesty, I really hope it is X, Butler, Dayton, Creighton, and SLU. Would be a perfect conference. The reality is all of those schools match exactly what the C7 said they were looking for. Exactly. They all have the commitment, focus and resources.

Good luck to all! UD Earl
UD_Earl

Postby CFA Jay » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:33 am

UD_Earl wrote:Hey guys, just kind of having a little fun with this. It is kind of nice having the shoe on the other foot right now. With all of the heat UD has been taking - it would be ironic if we were in before both SLU and Creighton.

But in all honesty, I really hope it is X, Butler, Dayton, Creighton, and SLU. Would be a perfect conference. The reality is all of those schools match exactly what the C7 said they were looking for. Exactly. They all have the commitment, focus and resources.

Good luck to all! UD Earl

+1
CFA Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board