How Hot Are Our Coaches Seats?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: How Hot Are Our Coaches Seats?

Postby NJRedman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:46 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
NJRedman wrote:I didn't put him anywhere near the hot seat, I said his seat was cold that's why we're calling you insecure.

No I didn't bring a ranking into it, it's not a ranking at all! They are literally listed in the order that I remembered the coaches names. And I said for you guys to give me your ideas about who is on the hot seat not to come out swinging to defend your precious Jay.

Mullin- 1 Mullin is the golden boy who returned home.

Villanova/Jay Wright- 3 I'm sure fans aren't happy with the quick exits from the NCAA tourney.

Um...hello.??? Mullin = 1 b/c he "is the golden boy" and Jay is a 3 b/c of "quick exits from the tourney." So if you are not bringing a subjective ranking to this why is there a 1 next to Mullin and higher numbers next to every other coach in the league? And if you invited feedback and then got defensive about a differing opinion, then why bother asking others to participate in your little coaching hot seat manifesto?

Not sure why I care--it probably is not worth debating you over semantics. You have always been a little all over the place with your allegiance to SJU. I remember you defending SJU player thug antics with the Creighton fans, and reminding them that they aren't worthy enough to be in the same sentence with the mighty SJU. So I know you are naturally defensive. You're from Joisey...you guys are natural underdogs and fighters. I get that.

But you know what the more I think about it you are right...we Nova fans do give Jay W too much of a free pass. I mean I would put him at a 3, maybe even 4, just for that loss he had vs. SJU back in 2011. I mean he did lose 1 of his last 14 games vs. the Johnnies. 93% winning % vs. SJU the past dozen years. Disgraceful. Get him out of here. Maybe we can dust off Norm Roberts...got his #?

I gave Mullin a 1 because literally no one has anything to criticize him about and he is the greatest player in school history! Now go feel insecure somewhere else. I can't believe you guys, if someone doesn't polish Jays knob you guys are right there to attack. Get a grip!
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Westbrook#36 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:32 pm

St. John's fans gotta luv'em. Next thing you know it will be season for crying about refs or some "scrub" having a career night against them. They never catch any breaks.

You guys have absolutely no room what so ever, to call any other fan base insecure. Especially to a program that has left you for dead and buried in the past. You're the BE king of the delusional and insecure. Remind me again when you last won an NCAA tourney game? Oh, that's right, ... know your role ... sit the hell down ... and STFU.
Westbrook#36

Postby MUBoxer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:57 pm

NJRedman I get where you're coming from, I disagree with your numbers, for example I'd have put Jay as a 2, giving notice to the fact that he has gone 5 early exits and one terrible season since the FF though also acknowledging he has brought Nova to a couple sweet 16s, an e8 and FF along with those 6 other appearances, I think your ranking for Mack should be a 1 a school that hasn't been to a final four can't logically explain any call to fire a coach that has met the expectations every year.

I also get where the Nova fans are coming from though first: NJRed wasn't saying Mullin was a better coach, the ranking was in regards to who's feeling the hot seat, a first year coach would naturally be at the 1 he has the job and has no realistic expectations for this year. On the other hand a coach that's been around awhile you can always critique, need I remind you all that 3 of your past 5 exits have been as 1 and 2 seeds? That is under performing no matter how you cut it and if the AD were to say "hey man you know we love you and you aren't going anywhere but come on you've gotta step it up again as a tournament coach" that situation would bump a coach up to a 2 or a 3 where obviously he's still secure but there's a nice little fire burning again. I think that is what NJred was attempting to convey with his ranking... albeit in a poor way and poorer defense of it.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby Red Rooster » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:42 am

Westbrook#36 wrote:St. John's fans gotta luv'em. Next thing you know it will be season for crying about refs or some "scrub" having a career night against them. They never catch any breaks.

You guys have absolutely no room what so ever, to call any other fan base insecure. Especially to a program that has left you for dead and buried in the past. You're the BE king of the delusional and insecure. Remind me again when you last won an NCAA tourney game? Oh, that's right, ... know your role ... sit the hell down ... and STFU.

Ooooo! That was tough and scary.

Thanks again for proving my point on your insecurities, as well, as your lack of ability to comprehend. Check your feelings at the door. Thank you!
Red Rooster

Postby Westbrook#36 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:49 am

Red Rooster wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:St. John's fans gotta luv'em. Next thing you know it will be season for crying about refs or some "scrub" having a career night against them. They never catch any breaks.

Thanks again for proving my point on your insecurities, as well, as your lack of ability to comprehend. Check your feelings at the door. Thank you!

You guys are a trip, really you are. Scary or tough? hardly, quit taking yourself so seriously. You're lecturing other people about checking their feelings at the door? Now that's funny. Just making fun of you guys, which is like shooting fish in a barrel. I comprehend just fine. I comprehend you that you said something dumb, got called out about it, then call other people insecure. I get it, you're St. John's fans, you say stupid stuff; that's who you are, that's what you do.
Westbrook#36

Postby DudeAnon » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:38 am

Well this should make the Nova vs St. Johns game threads more interesting.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Red Rooster » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:58 am

Westbrook#36 wrote:
Red Rooster wrote:

You guys are a trip, really you are. Scary or tough? hardly, quit taking yourself so seriously. You're lecturing other people about checking their feelings at the door? Now that's funny. Just making fun of you guys, which is like shooting fish in a barrel. I comprehend just fine. I comprehend you that you said something dumb, got called out about it, then call other people insecure. I get it, you're St. John's fans, you say stupid stuff; that's who you are, that's what you do.

Reaffirming my belief of you. That's what happens when you lack self-awareness. By the way, I just love the tough guy/keyboard Superman talk. That has me shaking in my boots.
Red Rooster

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:06 am

DudeAnon wrote:Well this should make the Nova vs St. Johns game threads more interesting.

You'll learn that SJU fans are an extension of the NY / north Jersey mentality. Just because they are in NYC they feel a sense of superiority towards everyone else, regardless of the reality of their lot. It's like a homeless guy in Manhattan turning up his nose at a Millionaire from the rural Midwest. That is why so many SJU fans were jealous of the attention and success CU had in that initial year. They couldn't understand how a team from Omaha could over-shadow "NY's team." Now with Mullin at the helm they will act like its the mid 80's glory years again and conveniently forget that with all their success when Mullin was there G'town and Villanova were the only BE teams walking away with NC's.

Hoping we see you guys 3x this year so we can extend that record to 16 out of 17.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Phillycat » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:28 am

Jay and hot seat should not be mentioned in the same sentence. Jay has the most job security of any coach in D-1 basketball not named Coach K. Anyone who knows how Villanova operates and how much this guy does for the university knows this. It's for that reason Jay never left for a bigger school. He's leaving Villanova on his own terms. Period. What a dumb discussion.

Can't wait for the looney toon St. John's fans to call for Mullins head if he's not getting immediate results in the next few years. Jay already has over a decade worth of positive results. Looking forward to dominating you again this year... I'm out (Drops mic)
Phillycat

Postby Westbrook#36 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:58 am

Red Rooster wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:You guys are a trip, really you are. Scary or tough? hardly, quit taking yourself so seriously. You're lecturing other people about checking their feelings at the door? Now that's funny. Just making fun of you guys, which is like shooting fish in a barrel. I comprehend just fine. I comprehend you that you said something dumb, got called out about it, then call other people insecure. I get it, you're St. John's fans, you say stupid stuff; that's who you are, that's what you do.
Reaffirming my belief of you. That's what happens when you lack self-awareness. By the way, I just love the tough guy/keyboard Superman talk. That has me shaking in my boots.

Whooosh
Westbrook#36

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board