The Case for Dayton

The home for Big East hoops

Re: The Case for Dayton

Postby ohiohsbball » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:46 pm

BEX wrote:Stack up some Sweet 16's and Elite 8's, Conference Championships and get back to us.

Don't worry. You have nothing to worry about. Dayton doesn't belong in the same world as Xavier. The BE has no interest in Dayton since Xavier is doing a great job of filling the shoes of Syracuse, Pitt, and Louisville. Xavier doesn't need to worry about Dayton.
ohiohsbball

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby aughnanure » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:50 pm

BEX wrote:Stack up some Sweet 16's and Elite 8's, Conference Championships and get back to us.

Actually, I would start with stop being such a god***n annoying fanbase!
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes to make it possible”
aughnanure

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:52 pm

ohiohsbball wrote:

Don't worry. You have nothing to worry about. Dayton doesn't belong in the same world as Xavier. The BE has no interest in Dayton since Xavier is doing a great job of filling the shoes of Syracuse, Pitt, and Louisville. Xavier doesn't need to worry about Dayton.

Speechless
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Bostonspider » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:54 pm

aughnanure wrote:

I think I actually disagree with this one. The fact that the Dayton fans are so loyal and dedicated and irrational is likely a pretty good thing as they will always be attending the games and watching on TV. I think most Universities would love such a loyal group, and it is good for creating rivalries.
Richmond '99
Bostonspider

Postby xu2002 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:18 pm

Bostonspider wrote:
aughnanure wrote:

I think I actually disagree with this one. The fact that the Dayton fans are so loyal and dedicated and irrational is likely a pretty good thing as they will always be attending the games and watching on TV. I think most Universities would love such a loyal group, and it is good for creating rivalries.

No, it annoying. All they do is talk about how they're better off in the A-10 and the Big East sucks. That's not being loyal, that's being annoying and a sore sport because they didn't get the invite during round one. I don't see St. Louis, VCU or Richmond fans on here or their own boards taking every opportunity to bash the Big East when we all know any team asked would jump in a heartbeat. At the end of the day, who cares because no teams fans will sway anything anyway.
xu2002

Postby tsmithohio1234 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:24 pm

yep UD does belong

Beats OSU today (6 seed)

But you know what, I think UD would rather stay in the A10
tsmithohio1234

Postby murphy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:26 pm

UD beats no 6 seed OSU

yep, not good enough for the BE
murphy

Postby murphy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:46 pm

yep great job XU- get blown out by NC State another powerful 11 seed

UD beats no 6 seed OSU
murphy

Postby xu2002 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:49 pm

murphy wrote:UD beats no 6 seed OSU

yep, not good enough for the BE

Congrats on the win, but that kind of attitude pretty much sums up why most people on here don't like Dayton fans. You finally win a meaningful game after how many years and act like you're better than the Big East and it's an injustice you aren't here. Try finishing higher than 6th place in the A-10 for a few years.
xu2002

Postby xu2002 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:57 pm

murphy wrote:yep great job XU- get blown out by NC State another powerful 11 seed

UD beats no 6 seed OSU

Really!! You're a funny guy. Xavier has 13 NCAA wins in the past 10 years. After today, Dayton now has 2. Dayton hasn't made it out of the first weekend since 1984, but again, congrats on beating a 6 seed. Forget the Big East, why not go right to the Big Ten.
xu2002

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board